“Go for the Oysters”

Ranked #12 of 377 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

They're known for their oysters and they don't disappoint. We took our waiters recommendation and they were great! Large and meaty - don't forget to use their vinegar/champaign eye dropper addition. The chicken liver pate was also super good. Our bill was quite a lot but a good splurge.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Kimball House is terrific across the board: food, wine, service, atmosphere.

-Food is fresh and well-prepared -- and the choice of oysters is outstanding, probably the best in U.S. !

-Wine options are good - with a range of well-chosen options.

-Service is friendly and helpful - and plenty of waitstaff are available.

-The atmosphere is comfortable - as is the seating.

-The only quibble here is that no reservations are taken -- so it is best to dine at off-peak times.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We just happened to be in the area and dropped in to grab drink. This is one of the coolest bars we've been to,very different drinks! I loved the Pecan Old Fashion…mmmmm! We sampled a few of the oysters as well, so many to choose from, can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I just went here for the first time on our anniversary. Excellent choice if I do say so myself (my idea): The food and the staff were exceptional. I got the steak dinner and was treated to three courses of deliciousness. The curried coconut soup was rich and had a warm soothing layered flavor that was very pleasing. The salad was fresh and refreshing. The steak was perfect. My husband had oysters and was happy as a clam. Then he has octopus- the most tender either of us has ever tasted.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

And delicious food. But the cocktails really make this place. Old-time classic cocktails and new options too. And atmosphere is eclectic and charming. A definite Must Go when in town

Been to Kimball House? Share your experiences!