“Delicious”

Ranked #14 of 383 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great drinks, amazing food, cool atmosphere. Definitely not light on the wallet, but every dish and cocktail is worth the price in my opinion. Love the oyster menu and ability to try a bunch of different types. Very knowledgable staff and good service.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped in for before dinner drinks and a couple of appetizers. We sat at the bar and had excellent service. The atmosphere was an excellent old school vibe and the drinks were AMAZING and these guys were definitely wizards behind the bar. The appetizers were excellent as well and I will we could have stayed for a full dinner, sadly our schedule did not allow it.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Read about Kimball House and tried it last evening with dinner around 8:30. It is as good as the reviews. We love oysters and have never had the option of 20 different and very fresh oysters from around the country as well as great suggestions by excellent waitstaff. The oysters were delicious as was the trout entree which followed. I would have only one complaint.......we could not read the menu nor see what we were eating as the lighting is extremely dim. Noticed another table using a light in order to read the menu. Everyone at our table loved their food but all said "I would like to have seen what I was eating."

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've heard you go for the cocktails and oysters and everything else is okay…. I’m allergic to oysters and not a big cocktail drinker but I still wanted to try it out so we made it down on a Sunday around 5:30 soon after they open. I suggest getting there early it filled up quick.
The food was nothing short of fantastic. I could not have been happier. They pay close attention to every ingredient that went into our dishes. We tried the bone marrow which was a little different than I expected, but it was tasty. I had mushroom sausage which was fantastic. Very flavorful even the veggies had a great taste and my girlfriend had the trout. Again very well prepared. For dessert we got the French dish Mille Feuille and it was wonderful. I would recommend all that we tried though the bone marrow may not be for everyone.
Cocktails were good. I had a sazerac and it was well done.
We were both pleasantly surprised how good our food was. In looking at some other reviews I’m not sure if we just caught them on a good night or perhaps the restaurant just had some growing pains in the beginning, but I’d like to go back and try again and again!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Neat place a few blocks from the Decatur MARTA stop. Many varieties of absinthe and cocktails. I don't eat oysters, but my friends did and said they were delicious and tasted as described in the menu. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.