“Delicious food!”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Decatur Rd
Transit: Marta Public Transportation Services
Description: Villagio marries a casually sophisticated dining experience with the intimate, old world hospitality found in Italian village restaurants. Our food draws from the time honored, ingredient-driven principals of the Cucina Italiana & the classical French training of Executive Chef Brian Obermeyer. Our food strives to remain grounded in time honored tradition while allowing patrons to consider Italian food in a different light. The wine list encourages guests to experience the craftsmanship offered by boutique vineyards, develop a comfortable understanding of European wines, & enjoy exceptional value. The staff is dedicated to delivering highly competent service & practicing the art of hospitality.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We've lived in Decatur for many years and have watched this space change from one restaurant to another. We've passed Villagio several times and always commented that "we need to try that soon" and we finally did. We arrived at 6:45 and while the inside dining area - which is very cool, by the way (a significant improvement from Capozzi's)- the outdoor patio was nearly full. A table had just become available outside and we sat and enjoyed the music of Mark Tyler (I think that was his name - excellent!) as we dined. Our server, Devon, was personable and knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered their drink special (cherry vodka, sweet tea vodka and fruit punch) which was tasty but REALLY sweet... I would later learn that although it was sweet and drinkable, it also packed quite a punch. My husband ordered a bottle of wine (Stonewood Pinot Noir) which I enjoyed but which he thought was really sweet as well. Bread was brought which was really good - imagine fat beadsticks made of yeast roll dough. It would have been even better had it been served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar like most other Italian restaurants. But I digress. I ordered the FRITTO MISTO to start - a fried platter of "Flash Fried Artichokes, Mushrooms, & Kale with Roasted Garlic Aioli." I found there were also fried whole cloves of garlic which were actually delicious, as was the entire dish (of course, I relived the garlic throughout the rest of the night, but it really was delicious!), My husband ordered the ROASTED BEET SALAD, a really beautiful presentation of "Roasted Beets, Arugula, Mint & Gorgonzola Cheese." He is a fan of beets (me not so much) but he really enjoyed it. For our main courses I ordered the PASTA CARBONARA with a breast of chicken which was truly outstanding. As described in the menu, it included an egg yolk and when the dish arrived the yolk was just under the sliced chicken breast. I stirred the pasta and egg yolk with all the other ingredients and was treated to the creamiest pasta dish that I believe I've ever had. The portion size was just right after my enormous appetizer. The chicken breast had wonderful dark grill marks and the smoky flavor was the perfect compliment to the creamy pasta. My husband ordered the BUTTERNUT SQUASH RAVIOLI with "Spinach, Roma Tomato, Brown Butter & Sage." Well, of course I had to try it. I'm a big fan of each of the ingredients separately but together they were outstanding. My husband finished his dish and remarked on the fact that there was a tremendous amount of olive oil remaining in the dish. He suggested that the chef could have lightened up on the olive oil but that he still enjoyed it. Neither of us had room for dessert. I should note that as we sat on the deck, other diners were arriving continuously - by the time we left, the outside patio was full and so was the inside dining area. I would strongly recommend a reservation. Our delightful server, Devon, was a bit scarce later in our meal and we chalked that up to the crowd who had arrived during our meal. Our bill for two, including two appetizers, two entrees, a specialty drink and a bottle of wine was $90 including tax; the check comes with 3 levels of tip suggestions that are based on the before-tax amount. Overall, we were very well satisfied with our entire dining experience and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tried this local restaurant for the first time last night. Had not heard or read reviews and was not sure what to expect. We were warmly greeted and had a nice booth. The waiter was very knowledgeable and had numerous recommendations. The salads were large, fresh, with nice dressing. Spaghetti with meat balls was excellent and home made. The Malbec recommended was excellent. Service was very attentive and well timed. Overall we had a nice evening out visiting Villagio....can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Villagio is a great establishment. Great service, great staff, and great food. The ambiance was delightful and it was very enjoyable. I think it will be around for a long time.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Villagio replaces another italian restaurant in the same space that had some issues with service, but the food was fairly consistent. On our first visit to this new incarnation, I was really hoping for better, even though it was the day after Christmas. The menu is fine, with some good looking options. We were there to celebrate my fathers birthday and both he and I ordered the chicken piccata, a particular favorite. When it arrived it looked like slices of grilled chicken atop a bowl of linguine in a broth with capers. Neither of us had ever seen chicken piccata served this way, but we're willing to try it out. The flavors were fine, although I generally prefer a richer sauce. As I ate my chicken I got to a portion still containing the bone. I was hopeful since that generally means more flavor, but when I cut into it it was very pink and clearly undercooked, my fathers was the same. I alerted the manager (our server was totally MIA at this point - she was either being pushy or absent all evening) he told me he would alert the kitchen. When he came back to the table he told me the kitchen would no longer be sending out the bone in portions. He did not offer to compensate us for our meal (which could have made us sick ) and only offered us a 10% off coupon for another visit. It is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I visited Villagio, and learned that it is in its third week of "soft opening" mode. The interior of what formerly was Capozzi's now has a more upscale feel (and a noise level at which we could talk without shouting - imagine that in Decatur!). Our server provided excellent service without the intrusive interruptions that are so frequent today. The menu differs from the usual Atlanta Italian restaurant offerings. Chef Brian has constructed a seasonal menu with offerings like a superb lamb pasta dish. The evening's specials included a shrimp pasta dish that my wife enjoyed thoroughly. A dessert of panna cotta had a blueberry/raspberry topping that added greatly to this classic. Pizza and spedinis (skewers) are available, but we did not sample them. The wine list is interesting and relatively inexpensive (and Monday night is wine bargain night!). All in all, this seems to be a great addition to our community. We plan to return and bring friends.