“Two Nights in a Row”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Friends invited us to eat at Siam last night. We had never eaten there, but always meant to try it. I loved the fact, first of all, that they take reservations; this was a must because my friend's elderly father is handicapped and needs special seating.
Our table outside, under an umbrella, was waiting for us when we arrived. Service was friendly and prompt. The food was reasonably priced and delicious. Several of us had dishes with seafood in them and the scallops and shrimp were cooked just perfectly. My dish, Basil Scallops, was served on top of a beautiful mix of vegetables.
We had such a pleasant experience that I am returning tonight and taking another friend. Considering how many restaurants there are in Decatur, this is high praise.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stopped in on weekday for lunch, I had the Satay and my lunch mate had the curry chicken. we were waited on promptly and our orders were taken. The orders came fairly fast, it was very tasty @ the chicken curry, and the Satay was good as I rewarmed it @ the table with the lovey little table cooker. The washroom was cleaned and stocked. Overall not a bad place to check out when in the Decatur area.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My cousin recommended this place since they don't use milk in their recipes, and she's allergic. It was a good choice for lunch. The food was affordable, and they gave generous portions. My lunch leftovers were a great dinner for my husband and I. He was a pig and ate his entire bowl of "Tiger's Tears".

Reviewed September 30, 2011

The service and getting the food out was great. The flavors in the different dishes I tried were great. They could not handle separate checks.

Reviewed April 2, 2010

Went to Siam and had the Volcano Chicken (spicy!) and my friend had the Shrimp Pad Thai. Both were good, not the best I've had, but no complaints either. We went for dinner on a Monday night, there was only 1 other group eating, so we had excellent service. The waiter was very attentive. As another review says, the atmosphere needs an overhaul. There just isn't a lot going on to make you feel comfy. The places nearby were more vibrant and lively, but we were craving Thai food so decided on Siam. All in all a good place, but I want to try others nearby before returning to Siam.