“Great salads/food definitely not 'bar food' but good food”

The Brick Store Pub
Ranked #5 of 396 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2014 via mobile

Wow. Great drink selection plus salads, pretzels, burgers. I had the 'small' arugula salad with pecans, goat cheese, lemon vinagrete and strawberries. It was large for $5 and super fresh. The burger was tasty and the wedge fries. I was surprised they didn't have Ranch dressing (this is the south), and more so when the waitress said people ask for it all the time (hint, hint...)

I wanted a taste or their ale and they gave me a generous sample tasting glass and gave me recommendations to help me order a drink I would want. There were people there with kids although it is more of a bar, but the food is very good so I can see why.

Reviewed September 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, 100+ beers. Not sure if I want the $300 one. Food was o.k. Chicken pot pie and veggie sandwich. Service o.k.

Reviewed September 7, 2014

Right in downtown Decatur and next to Marta, this restaurant was doing a bustling business on a Saturday mid-afternoon. Service was quick and friendly, and the waitress was able to immediately answer my questions about gluten-free beers. (They carry Brunehaut Amber and Greens Lager, as well as some ciders.) However, they don't have a g-f menu, and she willingly checked with the kitchen to see what they could do to accommodate me. I got a butterbean hummos with pickled tomatoes and carrots. The hummos was good, but the vinegar in the tomatoes was a little overpowering. Still, the Brunehaut was satisfying, and I enjoyed looking around at the temporary art exhibit. (The walls were filled with skateboards that had been creatively reimagined by various artists into dioramas, sushi platters, fleur-de-lis, portraits, swing sets, etc.)

Reviewed September 6, 2014

This is one of our favorite spots in Decatur. Whenever we have guests in town, we usually take them here to enjoy the extensive beer selection. It has never disappointed! Though you can just go and hang out tasting the many beer selections, the food is also surprisingly delicious. If you aren't hungry, at least get the pub pretzel to go with your beer. The arugula salad is super and I look forward to trying the rachlette. The atmosphere is friendly and upbeat and the decor is full of beautiful dark woods and brick. Once you try this place I'm sure you'll be back!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

You can always expect a good time at the Brickstore when you head up to the Square in Decatur. Pub food done well and a great beer selection.