“Friendly with Good Food”

Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #40 of 366 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Greenville, SC
“Friendly with Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Service was very good, and people coming and going to talk to the staff give the impression of a comfy neighborhood spot. It's not fancy, but the food is good. We have a similar restaurant in Greenville SC, the Pita House, so it's a familiar menu.

Visited October 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Best of Decatur, Mediterranean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I lived in L.A. with Armenian family and this is truly great food. Cheap and fast, friendly service.

• Visited May 2011
USA
“Wish I lived closer, this would be on my lunch list at least once a week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I had the occasion to go to Mediterranean Grill twice this week. I had a family member who was having surgery at DMC, so this was just a few minutes down North Decatur.

My family member and I went on Monday after doing pre-op at the hospital. We were both pretty hungry since it was almost 4 when we got out of the hospital.

The dining room is nothing fancy, in fact it's pretty ordinary with a few Greek/
Mediterranean pictures on one wall and the menu taking up the most of the other wall. They have a few tall tables, a few booths and several regular tables. The kitchen is open so you can see whats going on and get the initial savory nuances of what you'll soon be making a meal of. Ordering is speedy and efficient have and when you're done, bus your own tables, I hope this keeps the prices where they are for quite sometime

We both ordered the Vegetarian Plate, which was very reasonably priced. It came with hummus, baba ghanoj, tabbouli, salad a couple olives and two falafel, with a side of warm pita bread. Knowing that I wanted something sweet after, I also ordered some baklava as well. Everything was delicious. My dining partner didn't care for the hummus, liking hers chunkier, so I traded my baba ghanoj for her hummus, so that she would completely enjoy her meal. Purely a selfless act of kindness since I love everything on the plate. We both cleaned our plates and were completely satisfied.

I finished off my meal with the baklava. I ate the baklava by myself since my dining partner is alergic to nuts.

It was all delicious. There's a lot of variety from the tradtional gyro, kababs, kofta and salads to more unusual items like greek potatoes and rice pudding.

Definitely try if you're in the area.

• Visited June 2011