“Came recommended....don't do it.”
Review of Evans Fine Foods - CLOSED

Evans Fine Foods
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The food was reminicent of a cafeteria, the chicken was strange and even though I asked if they made their own mashed potatoes and was told they did, it was obvious they were instant with a yellow chicken gravy on them :( I thought since I didn't eat much of my dinner I would try their coconut cream pie which came highly recommended. The filling was so thick it almost made me gag. I couldn't eat that either. The environment was awful with fluroscent lighting and old furnishings, Christmas cards sitting on window sills... it was very dated and old with a rusty cooler sitting in the main part of the restaurant.
The food was a big disappointment. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant at all.

1  Thank pam15801

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I went to Emory Hospital for a visit, and Evans was along the way. I remember going there over 40 years ago when I lived in the area. I couldn't believe it was still there. So, we stopped in for breakfast. What an old fashioned place with the same atmosphere, low prices, and great food. The pancakes are huge! Service was great and friendly, and everything we had was great tasting. You just can't beat old hotspots like this!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just had breakfast here several days while on business but it was great. Service very friendly, accommodating and my omelet was perfect each time. Would have liked to try some southern standards on the menu for dinner but couldn't find the time this trip.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great local home style! The only hard part was deciding what to order, it all looked good!
The homemade salad dressing was great!
The pork was like eating at grandmas
The cobbler looked really good, but i was too full!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was making a trek to Ublix and started the morning by stopping in for a quick breakfast. Had the BLT an added a fried egg and cheese. Rye Toast, hashbrowns and coffee comleted my meal.

The sandwich was great with one exception---tomatoes were over ripe. But coffee good. Bread toasted perfectly. And cofee was very good for diner fare. And always kept my cup filled and hot.