“Worst Indian food in Atlanta”

Masala Indian Cuisine
Ranked #119 of 365 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atla
“Worst Indian food in Atlanta”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

You will get best Indian in Atlanta. The main reason is competition. However this restaurant is completely useless. I am in Indian and I can tell you quality of food precisely. I visited with my family. Nobody liked the food. A novice American might food interesting but let me tell you there are many other places in Atlanta than this. On Sunday buffet, there were very few choices and quality was lousy. This is second time I visited and will not visit again even if I am starving.

• Visited July 2011

Italy
“Delicious take-out Indian food. Check the bag twice, though.”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Three of us ordered an Indian feast from Mirch Masala this past week. We had vegetable samosas, chicken vindaloo, chicken makhani (butter chicken), vegetable kofta, butter naan and bullet naan.

I'll start with the ordering process. The employee was not all that friendly, although there seems to have been a language barrier. When I arrived to pick the food up, it was bagged up and ready to go. I could feel the containers in the bag were super hot, so I know it had not been sitting long. Since the curries were in plastic containers and the containers were in a plastic bag, I didn't worry about transporting it.

I set it on the gray leather seat of my car and 5 minutes later when I arrived home, the seat was soaked with a bright yellow grease spot about 5 inches in diameter. (It took 30 minutes of scrubbing and a $50 leather dye kit to repair the damage). I know better - always double bag takeout. But most places will tape the containers closed, they didn't.

Anyway the bad transport aside, the food was DELICIOUS. The bullet naan was very spicy. The vindaloo was flavorful and had delicious vegetable chunks and potatoes in it. The chicken pieces in both of the chicken dishes were not grisly or funky in any way - good clean chicken. The spices in all three dishes were great, and leaned a little on the "hot" side, according to my wimpy friends. I loved it.

The samosas came with the traditional tamarind and mint curries, which were a nice compliment to the yummy samosas.

I definitely would east here again, but would double bag any takeout. By the way, those three entrees plus the samosas and 6 naan and 1 bullet naan were more than enough food to feed 4 people and cost about $55.

• Visited June 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Salt!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Maru Bhajia........tooo much salt!!!! Inedible!!!
Kheema Samosa....pretty good
Rice pretty good
Entree meats......salt salt salt salt!!!!!
When you order you might want to specify "no salt!!!!"
Am willing to give them another try but right now feel like i swallowed a mouthful of sea water!!!!! Would not recommend it to anybody ...yet....

• Visited March 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
“The worst food experience in my whole life!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We decided to go there because their website showed the restarurant as being a nice place with great food. We got there and it was nothing like they described or shown on their website. The buffett was minimal in selection and the food was not hot, it was luke warm at minimal. The food did not taste good at all, in fact it was the worst indian food buffet I ever had and would not recommend this place to anybody.

Lexington, Virginia
“Beat buffet”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This restaurant has the best buffet in town. If you like the original indian taste you will love it.