“Charming little restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Just happened upon this restaurant and was glad we did. Small restaurant nicely decorated cafe near the main square of Decatur. We went in for lunch. The 3 of us all ordered quiche, 3 different types available. Very tasty, good sized portions. Service was attentive and friendly. Definitely recommend if you are in the area.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

When I want a comforting French meal this is where I come. It is so like the small cafes I have dined in all over France but the Alsatian food is less fussy and more down to earth than Parisian fine dining.
Cassoulet to die for. Spetzelle and veal too yummy.
Order a bottle of wine and enjoy a bit of France in Decatur.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I appreciated my salad nicose with grilled salmon. Good presentation and it was a full meal. I also tried the rhubarb pie, which is my favorite pie. This was nothing like rhubarb pie that I know, but was tasty and had no strawberries (critical for me as it ruins the pie!). I would say it was more of a tart. It was served with white chocolate ice cream, good but not overly exciting.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

It was a lovely night and they were already full. When we sat down, we knew what each other would be ordering. I had the Nage St. Jacques. It wasn't the worst dish I've had but it was something that could be replicated easily. They use a few more different spices and I appreciate that. But the amount charged didn't seem all that fair. There was approximately 2 shrimps, 2 scallops, some salmon floating around the tomato soup. This dish feels like something I would make at home... And have

Next is the beef Wellington. Oh my.... This is the second time getting this dish and it does not disappoint. Everything was cooked to perfection. The temperature of the meat was fantastic! The potatoes almost stole the show but it did compliment the main dish.

I still stand by my: this is the best French place in Atlanta "Cafe Alsace"❤️

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Friends met to celebrate a birthday for lunch. All of our food was delicious. I am ready to return. The tables were filled quickly so arrive early.

Date of visit: January 2018