“One of my favorites in Decatur”
Review of Cafe Alsace

Cafe Alsace
Ranked #13 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

A small, charming, downtown Decatur restaurant that's tres French. I have to go a couple of times every winter to have their Cassoulet, it's incredible. I have loved every meal I have ever had there and their desserts are the best. Very friendly people too. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. The owner is diligent about serving traditional Alsacian food (with other items as well.) The restaurant is small which gives it a home-like feel. The service is wonderful, as is the food. It's a great place to celebrate an important event or just have a good meal with friends.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Last year, on a visit to Decatur, my sister took me to Cafe Alsace, and my wife and I loved it. A return visit confirmed that this is one of the finest French bistros at which I have eaten, outside, or in France. Our lunch began with soups: a traditional French onion, and a creamy Fennal soup. Both were delicious. Several of us had a misorrette, a traditional Alsation sandwich on pretzel bread. Ours combined succulent chicken and Brie, a very tasty combination. Another had a delicious mushroom and Brie quiche. Even though we had little room, we couldn't resist desserts. The tarte tatin, one with pear and raspberry, and one with pear and apple, were perfect. Add some excellent coffee, and you have a first-rate dining experience. The French owners provide attentive, friendly service, and the casual atmosphere, and French maps and posters on the wall add to the feeling of authenticity.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Used to be my favorite place to eat in Decatur - a way to get away and feel like you are in France for a little time. However, the quality of food on our last recent visit was quite disappointed. Besides the appetizer we had, the entrees (spaetzle and Beef Wellington) were just ok - not the exceptional that they normally are. Hopefully, things will get better and maybe it was just a one-time event, but disappointed as they have always been consistent.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is one of the best French meals I've had outside of France. Heck, maybe even including France. I seem to always order Beef Wellington but everything that I've tried is delicious. They're open for brunch on the weekend with delightful pastries and sandwiches. And their jams and salad dressings are available for purchase. Oh, and the waitstaff are French!