“Cute place, good food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice place in Decatur. Try the Onion Tart appetizer--the taste is great. Good wine.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food, service, atmosphere, excellent. Simple, well prepared dinners, with wine list which complements the menu, but doesn't overwhelm the diner.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We had walked past Cafe Alsace for years and always thought it looked like a perfect little spot to eat some food from a region we love. Still, we kept forgetting about it (or rather we kept winding up in the Brick Store or Iberian Pig). Finally we went and all I can say is "DON"T WAIT AS LONG AS WE DID!". It's really wonderful. The food, the service and the great inexpensive Pinot Noir (chilled)from Alsace all added up to a wonderful night in Decatur.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband surprised me several yrs ago with a lovely dinner at CAFE ALSACE in downtown Decatur, GA and I have loved this place ever since. It's our go-to, never-fail, special occasion destination. Having studied abroad and lived in Europe during college, I am always very happy to go to this lovely restaurant. The PATE DU CHEF is divine (if you like goose-liver pate on fresh baguettes!). We try to get there when they open @ 6P as they do not take reservations for less than a party of four. Usually within 45 minutes the restaurant is turning people away, or they're lining-up outside to wait for a table. Check them out on FACEBOOK (if you FRIEND them, you'll get posts on their specials). On our most-recent visit (Mother's Day) I enjoyed an aspargus & goat-cheese quiche, followed by chocolate mousse (my hubby & I shared the pate as our appetizer, too!).

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I love this place. Every time I leave it, I feel happy. It's like going into a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Strasbourg. It's friendly and warm and a bit cluttered. There are regulars (I am one) who sit at the same table and never are given a menu: Benedicte knows exactly what they want. There's Edith Piaf singing her heart out, there are escargots to die for, great wines and beer.

The food is Alsacian, part French, part German, so tends to be stick-to-the-ribs stolid, but it's delicious and Decatur has become a wonderful walking city so you can burn off the extra calories afterwards.