“Nice, inexpensive Indian Restaurant”
Review of Bhojanic - CLOSED

Bhojanic
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Decatur Rd.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a neighborhood place with a very extensive menu including vegetarian and non-veg thalis. The portions are ample and the service is friendly. The food is better than average.

1  Thank Daniel G

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I went there for dinner. The rice was lil uncooked. Roti was too hard and paneer sabzi wasn't bad. Lil pricy compare to other same sort of restaurants in Atlanta. No daal with rice!!! You have to order it separately and only two chapatis. Like I said it was lil pricey and the quality wasn't good.

1  Thank Mitesh K
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I’ve heard a lot of hype about this Indian restaurant and I finally got to go (we tried the original in Decatur). It is pretty easy to find in a shopping center (same one as Community BBQ if you are familiar with them). Parking was easy enough. The atmosphere was more casual dining than fancy dress up establishment. We went around 6:30 on a Sunday and they were not busy. We received excellent service from our waiter who helped explain the menu and offer suggestions.
We wanted an appetizer and were stuck between the Chicken 65 and Paneer 65. When we asked the waiter his suggestion he was nice enough to say he would just do it half and half for us. It came out fairly quickly and I enjoyed both. I think I liked the Chicken better but it was tasty to try them both in the same bite. This was pretty hot especially with the little jalapeno slices. Not too hot but a good spice I definitely felt.
For our dinner he suggested trying their thalis plates which are their combination plates. We were happy with this choice as it gave us a little taste of everything. Their menu changes daily as to what they feature for their choices to be included in the Thalis dishes. On this day the meats were Chicken Tika Masala, Goat Curry, and Chicken Curry. I don’t recall all the vegetables but we tried the Okra dish and the potato dish with our meal I got two meats and one veggie my friend got the one meat and one veggie so we got to try all the meats.
Overall everything was tasty. I liked the Goat the best. I wasn’t a fan of picking around the bone but it was flavorful and had a little more heat than the other dishes. I found the chicken curry and chicken tikki masala to be tame as far as the heat goes but still tasty and flavorful with other nice spices.
The rice it came with was fine. It tasted like most other rice I’ve had at Indian restaurants. The Raita was tasty I enjoyed it. The Papadam was nice to try but did not do much for me. The side salad was a cold bean salad which I enjoyed a lot. Very tasty. The bread it came with was not the traditional naan I’m used to that is light and fluffy. This reminded me more of tortillas. Still good just was not what I expected. I did ask for the Indian pickles because I love pickles but I found these to be way too salty for my taste. Glad I tried it though.
I’d love to come back and explore their menu more. I might try an entrée and some a la carte items as well as some different bread. Also I’d love to explore their chat and kathi rolls. Overall the food was good but I think I may have just scratched the surface of what they offer.
I kind of feel like this is more of a 3.5 star restaurant, but I went with 4 because I like to give them the benefit of the doubt that when I try other stuff I’ll like it more. Also I will probably ask if they can kick the heat up a bit for me on some of their dishes as I found most of them pretty tame for my taste.

1  Thank soitgoes14
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been to Bhojanic yesterday evening with a friend who is living in Atlanta and has recommended it as one of his favorite casual dining spots. Personally I like Indian food but I am not an expert of it, besides the occasional visit to an Indian restaurant in Paris or London.

In terms of design Bhojanic is very relaxed and easy going. Certainly not a fancy place but I guess it also does not want to be one. In any case, the reason to go there is certainly the food and not the design.

Speaking about food, we had a selection of different items. We started with a Nimbu Pani which was very nice and refreshing (something like an interesting twist on a Gin Tonic). With this we had two tapas, namely the Seekh Kebabs (kind of turkey dumplings) and Chili Pakora. Both were very tasty especially the Chili Pakora which had a nice spicy flavor to it.

As a main course we had one of their "metal plates", which is a mixture of different dishes served in a stainless steal plate. The presentation is a bit awkward at first but the food was very nice. I cannot remember exactly what I had but it was some chicken dish, something with goat and lentils. All was very nicely prepared.

So overall a place to recommend if you would like to have some nice and simple Indian food, although I cannot compare with other places in Atlanta.

2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food. I love the hot dishes, especially the veggie one with okra. My husband loves the lamb curry. There's a cocktail called Holiday in Goa that I especially enjoy. The dinners are served on metal trays with dividers instead of dishes, but that's okay with me.

1  Thank JHR6301