“Pack Your Patients”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Taqueria Del Sol has a limited menu numbering about 10 items. Mostly tacos served with a variety of meat (chicken, Pork, fish, etc). A few chef specials are offered (and vary) per week. I found the fish, and fried chicken tacos the best. However, my total experience at Taqueria Del Sol was not a pleasant experience and I will not be going back anytime soon. I thought by "packing my patients" and being familiar with the long lines would arm me in handling the Taqueria Del Sol experience. I was wrong. I've never seen a restaurant employee be so rude/aggressive towards me in my adult life. There was an order mix-up, resulting in the next table's salsa being brought to our table. A Taqueria employee come out to our table and yells "You didn't pay for that salsa", and walks off. WOW!!! I call the manager to the table, and offered to pay for any item brought to our table in error. The manager offered to take the salsa away, or leave it at our table at no charge (there was no apology). Well kiddies, I hope this helps you in your discussion to patronize TDS. I think it will be a few years before I go back.

1  Thank garylovesmusic

Reviewed January 13, 2008

My only complaint: no fountain drinks!

Reviewed December 30, 2007

Fried chicken tacos and enchiladas are great, but the carnitas were quite dry when I had them. Never had a problem with service at the Decatur location.

Reviewed December 21, 2007

Love the food here, but be sure to follow house rules.

Reviewed August 23, 2007

If you like fast, delicious, fresh soft tacos, 3 kinds of delicous salsa and scrumptious margaritas, at rock bottom prices, then don't miss it. This is not a place for a leisurely meal and not super toddler/baby friendly (parents --feel free to bring your own boosters, as they don't have them here). If you follow the 'rules' the service is actually very good (Rules: Whole party must be there....stand in line and order and THEN get a table....don't try to save a table or sit down first or you WILL be reprimanded). This is our favorite 'everyday' restaurant.

1  Thank yourpalkaren

Been to Taqueria Del Sol? Share your experiences!