“Cafe Lily is so great- Always great food, service and ambiance”
Review of Cafe Lily

Cafe Lily
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lily is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 367 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Lily is a venerable neighborhood bistro offering an eclectic variety of cuisines from around the Mediterranean Sea: Italy, France, Greece, Spain, North Africa, and the Middle East. Established in 1999, Cafe Lily remains the quintessential Decatur restaurant, whether you're looking for a nice, romantic dinner, a celebration party, a large event, to entertain clients, or just some small plates and a nice glass of wine!
Atlanta
“Cafe Lily is so great- Always great food, service and ambiance”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We usually eat here quite often because the food is always good..Service is great and the cafe has a great ambiance. They also have a great wine list.
We always order appetizer, entree and dessert and wine and never been disappointed.
We also like that the place because it is not noisy...
We can always get a reservation for the two of us.

• Visited September 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
“Eight Thumbs Up!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I planed a surprise birthday diner for my husband at Cafe Lily. Choosing a restaurant can be difficult for my family as we have two in the group who are sensitive to gluten. Not a problem at Cafe Lily. They have an extensive menu of wonderful gluten free choices. We ordered two appetizers for 'the table' Calamari a la Plancha. ( Gluten free/ not breaded) and hummus platter, both were delicious! The entrees ranged from Mussels ( the appetizer portion is ample for an entree) in red sauce, deliciously garlicky and rich, to Pinchitos, a wonderful lamb dish, to Ribeye steaks and Filet Mignon stuffed with herbs and Gorgonzola cheese. There were 8 of us and every dish was a winner.
Cafe Lily doesn't have an extensive wine selection but what they do have is quite nice. Service was quite good. Our server explained there was a large party of 45 in the second dining room and there would be a short wait for our order to come out. We appreciated knowing this rather than just making us wait with no explanation. As it was , we were served quite promptly after the initial delay.
We were happily surprised to see a flour less cake on the menu. It was delicious!
We certainly will return to Cafe Lily for another great meal.

• Visited October 2012
Decatur, Georgia
“My Kind of Place”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My kind of place is one where the food is always excellent and consistent, the atmosphere is comfortable and cozy with dim lights and cloth napkins, the service is spot on, the music is soft, the wine list is good, the drinks are stiff, and the chef/owner is always around. This is Cafe Lily. For a either a casual night out, a special occasion, or a place you can count on to take out of town visitors - I am never disappointed here. Chef/owner Anthony is there is oversee and make sure that your visit will be a good one.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mbaskett
Atlanta
“Bottomless Mimosas!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our first visit to Cafe Lily on Sunday afternoon. So many options to choose from but we finally settled on the greek lamb & eggs and the frittata rustica. Hearty and delicious! Our server, Carla, was really sweet and so helpful in explaining some of the menu items. We also enjoyed the bottomless mimosas and bloody marys. Their dinner menu also looks really good, so we look forward to coming back and trying some of the dinner options. Thanks for a great brunch, Cafe Lily!

• Visited August 2012
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Elegance”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I visited Decatur and Atlanta for the first time this week. I wanted to surpise my wife with a nice dinner since we usually have the kids with us. I researched tripadvisor like I normally do when I am somewhere new. The reviews and menu peaked my interest so we decided to try Cafe Lily. The butternut squash ravoli is what really got my attention on the menu. We have only had it a couple restaurants in Asheville, NC that makes it similar to the way the menu describe it. Most places that cook butternut squash usually make it too sweet with nutmeg and other spices. The savory flavor from Cafe Lily is top notch as was everything else at our table. The hot mezze platter and the Risotto Con Cappesante E Asparago with it's suculent scallops and delicious risotto was my wife's favorite over a long list of nice restaurants. I can not say enough about the wait staff. I highly recommend Cafe Lily if you are ever in Decatur. It is worth the drive if you are in Atlanta.

• Visited August 2012