“New restaurant in Downtown Decatur, GA”
Review of Hola Mexican Cantina - CLOSED

Hola Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a brand new place. We wish them the best because for the 5 years we have lived next door, no other ones have survived.

This place has a friendly name which in Spanish means "hello". Most of the fare but not all is Mexican. The help is very friendly and the one day I was there did a good job. The decoration is very colorful and nice. It has been drawing crowds most early evenings and lunch has not been too bad either.

I had "carne con papas" which is skirt steak with French fries. Both were excellent. The meat came with chimichurri which is a basil based sauce on top of the meat. The sause was just ok but overall the combination was pretty good. In Argentinian restaurants this meat/sauce is called "churrascos" Never have had a bad one in the many places I have had that cut of meat. For dessert I had a chocolate flan which is among the best flans I have ever had in a restaurant.

I found their prices reasonable for what you get.

I am planning to go back soon and have already mentioned it to my son's family. I think they will survive.