“Decent Indian restaurant with difference!”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #5 of 367 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Decent Indian restaurant with difference!”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Visited this place this yesterday and was amazed to find so much crowd. The waiting for over an hour!

The Place: This is quite a different place then most of the indian restaurants I have visited in Atlanta. The interior is unique and very spacious.No expensive decor or fancy tables etc. Lot of open space and ideal for family with kids and strollers. The walls are decorated with old Bollywood movies posters.They have a full bar with some interesting cocktails with Indian touch.

Food: I loved the food and I tried thali which had chicken dish (lime chicken) which I thought tasted quite good. Thali also contained Indian Roti,Daal,curd and some sweet along with Rice. Good food. However due to over crowding (maybe due to long weekend rush) it took a while for the waitress to get our food but she did give us complimentary pappadums and Samosas. Cost of Dinner for 3 including my cocktail was $50 which I though was a little on the higher side.

Parking was limited again may be due to the holiday crowd.

I would definitely visit again when I am in that part of the town.

San Diego, California
“Authentic and Delicious”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I visited on Wednesday night and the restaurant was very busy, Simple decor concrete floors and basic tables and chairs, Great service a good selection of specials, drinks and appetizers. Reminded me of the street food I ate while in India, authentic.I had fried Okra delicious, an Utterpan a kind of Indian pizza and fish tacos served with spices and curry. I sampled a refreshing Ginger cooler, a house cocktail, it was very good.
It was noisy and busy and full of families, many of them Indian which is always a good sign. Despite the cuisine it is trendy young and
happening' Give it try, the prices are reasonable.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Now that's real Indian food!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Most of the Indian restaurants that I have tried recently either make their food spicy or bland.
This place is about flavor, the way the food tastes in India. It doesn't get more authentic than this. I highly recommend their - 'Vada Pav', 'Sahi Potato Dahi Puri (SPDP)', 'Paani Poori', 'Okra Fries' & 'Chicken Thali'. And for deserts try their - 'Halava' & 'Kheer'.
This is my new favorite place to visit if I am in Atlanta.
This place doesn't take reservations and it can get very busy, so plan to reach here at least an hour before their closing time.

Cook: I wish I could cook like you
Server: Very accommodating & presentable
Owner: Keep up the good work

Decatur, Georgia
“Wow.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic, fantastic food. With no experience with Indian street food myself, this was a wholly new experience. Great food, good service, nice atmosphere. Chai Pani's reputation has grown on its food, but their drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are excellent too.

Early in the evening it was very family friendly, as is often the case in downtown Decatur, and then it smoothly transitions over into more of an adult atmosphere.

Since it's street food, more of these dishes tend to be fried than you might be used to at an Indian restaurant. Nothing bad about it - just be aware so that you can adjust your ordering appropriately.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I love visiting this place when I go to Decatur. The SPDP and the kale pakoras are outstanding. The mango lassi and mixed drinks are also very good. I found the main course meals to be good but we mainly just go for the appetizers (and it is worth it for that alone). Definitely worth a visit if you are in town.