“Urban chic meet Indian street food, it works”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #6 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 27, 2014

On a THU night we tried: Sev potato dahi puri (SPDP), Tandoori fish wrap, and chicken thali. This place is considered a street food (Chaat) eatery. As such it is correct: the SPDP is right on, crispy packs of tasty treats. The fish wrap was the worse of the 3 dishes -- grassy tilapia fillet in a nondescript mixture of vegies. Give this one a pass. The chicken thali was very tasty and adequately seasoned. The ambience is loud, chaotic, with a gas-station-conversion chic décor – very “in” for Decatur, GA. The customers are international, eclectic, and casual. The wait staff is young, friendly, not too sure of themselves, again typical Decatur. The place works.
In addition, they have an alcohol license, not guaranteed among the numerous other Indian eateries nearby. It was nice to be able to have a glass of wine with our Indian street food: nice counter point.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family and I ate here while on vacation. This was the first time that my daughters had Indian food. When we got there,there was about a 10 minute wait,and the different smells of the dishes made me hungrier. At first our sever was a little rude, we asked a few questions about a few of the dishes, she became annoyed, when she walked away, she did. It come back she just left us there and served other people. Finally I was able to get the attention of another server that gladly and cheerfully was able to explain a few dishes,she then became our server for the night! She was wonderful, our food was wonderful and we will definitely eat there again when we travel to or thru Atlanta again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you are in the Decatur, GA area, do yourself a favor and visit Chai Pani, the best Indian restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Just a little over a year old, Chai Pani has excellent food; a warm, friendly and knowledgeable staff; and great prices. This is the sister restaurant to the original Chai Pani in Asheville, NC but although both are superb, this is larger and has a 'newer' feeling to it. If you like authentic Indian food served with Southern hospitality and warmth, you cannot go wrong with Chai Pani.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I had a night out with no kids. We love Indian food, so we thought we would try out this new restaurant. We shared a samosa chaat, the fried okra, and the thali -- it was delicious, especially the samosa and thali. The tastes and spices were very complex. A little expensive, and very loud.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is an excellent Indian restaurant. My daughters loved the okra fries. I had the tandoori fish wrap. The fish was plentiful and very flavorful with the cilantro and other spices. It had a slight kick to it which I enjoyed. Also the restaurant accommodates you by serving any of the wraps on a bed of rice instead. The meals are priced very reasonably. There is a kids menu but I thought it was limited so I ordered a regular meal and had my daughters split it. That was definitely enough for both of them. The restaurant has a great vibe -- very aromatic, pretty pictures, and energetic staff and clientele. We'll definitely be back.