“Outstanding!!”

Skips Hot Dogs
Ranked #39 of 385 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Today I had the worst craving for hotdogs. I've always wondered about this little place so off I went. I was not disappointed. In my haste I decided to just use the cute drive-thru. Just to be safe I ordered the 2 hot dog combo. I felt even better seeing a 99A food inspection score while driving up to the window. The cashier was very friendly too. I feel like I've just tasted a real hot dog for the first time. The relish was the brightest & freshest I've tasted in a long time that I'm sure it's homemade. The fries were hot & crispy. This is a place I'll have to bring others to now. I'll be leaving the other fast food places behind & can't wait to try more things on the menu.

1  Thank 1fitmami

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Probably the best hot dog I have had in years. I had the grilled jumbo with kraut and even the bun was something special. My husband's onion rings were better than average and he loved the lemon pepper wings. I'd definitely come back if we are in the area. The only negative is that they don't have one in Alpharetta.

1  Thank Toni B
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I have lived nearby for many years so we visit Skip's occasionally. You can get coupons or group deals that improve the value. I get the veggie burger while the family will get dogs or burgers. They recently changed veggie burgers which was disappointing. The fries are good although not always cooked enough. I appreciate the drive through availability but wish they were open on Sundays. They are also active in the local community which is a plus. As my title indicates, it's always an old standby - not healthy but "it is what it is". I hope they reconsider the veggie burger choice.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Skips Chicago Dogs is our remedy lunch for everything. We've tried most things on their menu and recommend the slaw dogs and chili dogs (add cooked onions and hot sauce to the chili for an out of this world experience). The Philly steak is also great. Service is always top notch, and more often than not the owner himself is at the counter to take your order.

The only reason I'm not giving this a 5: the public bathrooms attached on the outside cannot be called clean. Make sure you wash your hands with the waterless cleaner inside the restaurant.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Friendly outgoing cashiers and staff. Order at the counter and then they bring your hot fresh order. Not inexpensive but it brings in the crowds, construction workers, city staff, locals and those just passing through. Fast and good eats.

1  Thank Bcr8tve

Been to Skips Hot Dogs? Share your experiences!