“Old reliable spot for locals.”
Review of Skips Hot Dogs

Skips Hot Dogs
Ranked #38 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I have lived nearby for many years so we visit Skip's occasionally. You can get coupons or group deals that improve the value. I get the veggie burger while the family will get dogs or burgers. They recently changed veggie burgers which was disappointing. The fries are good although not always cooked enough. I appreciate the drive through availability but wish they were open on Sundays. They are also active in the local community which is a plus. As my title indicates, it's always an old standby - not healthy but "it is what it is". I hope they reconsider the veggie burger choice.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Skips Chicago Dogs is our remedy lunch for everything. We've tried most things on their menu and recommend the slaw dogs and chili dogs (add cooked onions and hot sauce to the chili for an out of this world experience). The Philly steak is also great. Service is always top notch, and more often than not the owner himself is at the counter to take your order.

The only reason I'm not giving this a 5: the public bathrooms attached on the outside cannot be called clean. Make sure you wash your hands with the waterless cleaner inside the restaurant.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Friendly outgoing cashiers and staff. Order at the counter and then they bring your hot fresh order. Not inexpensive but it brings in the crowds, construction workers, city staff, locals and those just passing through. Fast and good eats.

1  Thank Bcr8tve
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Not healthy, but if you want a hot dog, you won't be disappointed. Basic dog, then add what you want.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I always say that I will try something different but when its my turn to order I ALWAYS order he Chicago style dogs. Outstanding. I also love their French fries. Seems a tad pricey for a dog but WHAT A DOG!

Been to Skips Hot Dogs? Share your experiences!