“Love walking across the street for a great chicago style chili dog”
Review of Skips Hot Dogs

Skips Hot Dogs
Ranked #36 of 375 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Friendly outgoing cashiers and staff. Order at the counter and then they bring your hot fresh order. Not inexpensive but it brings in the crowds, construction workers, city staff, locals and those just passing through. Fast and good eats.

1  Thank Bcr8tve
There are newer reviews for Skips Hot Dogs

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Not healthy, but if you want a hot dog, you won't be disappointed. Basic dog, then add what you want.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I always say that I will try something different but when its my turn to order I ALWAYS order he Chicago style dogs. Outstanding. I also love their French fries. Seems a tad pricey for a dog but WHAT A DOG!

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I grew up in Chicago and miss the food very much. When I found Skips I could not have been more excited. Great dogs and fries. The Philly is out if this world. Service is top notch. If you dine in it is usually packed and the booths are a tight fit if you are a large person such as myself. Overall definitely a place you don't want to miss.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

These hotdogs remind me so much of home! it's the classic vienna beef hotdog, dragged through the garden. They even have the celery salt! Folks are so nice here, they always yell "hey, welcome to skip's!" when we go in. They have great outdoor seating for nice days. The decor is a little off. They used to have a lot of Chicago sporting (Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, Sox...) memorabilia, but now it seems like there are mostly local college pennants. Not that that matters too much, the hotdogs are great, and the dipped subs are killer!