“A real treat”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am a fan of middle eastern cooking. Colbeh is the best middle eastern restaurant I have eaten at. We ate there on a rainy Monday at lunch, and it was empty, but so were all the other restaurants in Downtown Decatur. We got a chance to talk with the owner who has over 35 years of restaurant experience. All the recipes are "family" recipes. The decor is simple but refined and tasteful. My spouse had the kale salad and raved about it. The flatbread appetizer was served with radishes, nuts, basil, cilantro, and a mild cheese. I had the lamb sandwich which was the freshest tasting one that I have ever had. I would definitely eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a cosy place, hard to see from the street, I've been in the area, looking for restaurants a few times, but never seen this place, thought it was new, but apparantly it's been around for a few years.

Atmosphere was nice, the staff was nice, but the meal I had was strange. I ordered the chicken soltani, which is a mixture of two types of chicken, one was ok, but the other one... I really can't describe. I love spicy, eastern food, but this was just something I really did not like. And it was not just me, we were three with the same plate and all of us took one bite and that was it.

So, three stars for nice surroundings, nice staff and half an ok for the food.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first visit but certainly not the last. This is a beautiful, comfortable eatery staffed by friendly professionals. I am not familiar with Persian quisine and my knowledgeable server was of great assistance. I enjoyed my meal and although a bit on the pricey side it was worth it. I would return.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My brother and I stopped in Colbeh to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised! The food was fresh and tasted fantastic! Lovely restaurant and atomosphere....a gem really. We were especially impressed with the bartender....he was incredibly friendly and made us feel very welcome. It you like middle eastern food....I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

On this return visit to Colbeh I scored with a kale salad (fantastic) and an appetizer-size skewer of lamb. With the bread course, this was a satisfying, healthy meal. I will definitely find my way to Colbeh the next time I'm in Decatur.