“Colbeh's is on my "best" list!”
Review of Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014

A friend and I visited Colbeh's at dinner time for the first time recently. Colbeh's is conveniently located in the shopping district, near the old courthouse. We were particularly attracted to the quiet atmosphere, so we could talk. Knowing nothing about the menu, we relied on our friendly waiter to guide us. And guide us he did! We had a spectacular meal, beginning with a very unique and delicious bowl of pita breads, walnuts, radishes, and goat cheese. Typical Lebanese breakfast food, I'm told. Totally delicious. We moved on to the lentil eggplant soup. Very good. Then we had the chicken stew (fesenjon) with rice - wonderful! We were so impressed, we told several of our friends about the place, and joined them there for dinner the very next night!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great location, nice atmosphere, excellent food, very good service. We all (2 couples) really enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely be going back! Be forewarned however ...if you are not familiar with the Square in Decatur..it may be a little hard to find. Advice...just park your car and go searching for it...you will find it soon:))

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice restaurant located in downtown Decatur. My son just completed his post grad degree at Emory and suggested we try Colbeh. I was pleasantly surprised since its menu is described as Persian. We enjoyed the rack of lamb as well as shish kabob and kale salads. Waiter was very good and took time to explain menu items in detail. Restaurant is small and you will miss it if you blink since there are numerous other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Colbeh has a good location at the square in Decatur and has good atmosphere.
But the food is subpar and the trio stew dishes are extemely small. Waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu but the food did not fit. I would not eat here again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

As I live next to the Decatur Square I tried to give this place a second chance and have been there a total of twice – both were terrible. Once was for a sit down dinner the next was a visit to the bar for apps and drinks with friends. Both times our experience was ruined by poorly trained and surly wait staff. The food was so-so and we could not get past the bartender/manager who works there. The second chance will be the last one – my friends and I ordered a drink and the bartender was so drunk from drinking on the job that he dropped a pint glass on the bar shattering glass everywhere. He then had the audacity to give my friend a guilt trip for asking for a new drink because it was hit by flying glass! They would apparently rather have a customer ingest glass than pay for a drink. I don’t expect this place will be open much longer as they do not build repeat business and most people I know try it once and never go back.