“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, cooked to perfection! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, atmosphere perfect for a couple, family, or friends!

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for local cuisine while visiting in the area. Somehow, Persian was not what I was expecting when searching for "local". However, after reviewing the menu, we determined that this place could satisfy our desire for something different while meeting my wife's gluten free requirements.

We were there for a late lunch and were seated immediately. The atmosphere was inviting, clean and chic. We were served a traditional (free) appetizer with instructions on how to enjoy it. Bread, cheese, mixed greens, and radishes were an excellent starter. Both our meals were prepared to perfection. She had a beef stew. I had Cornish hen. Yes, both had Persian names but I don't remember them now. We both had hot tea and locally made desserts - Baklava cheesecake for me and cinnamon ice cream for her. Wow!

Our host was attentive and gracious. Since it wasn't busy, we got a lot of attention.

As for the price, I'd say it was a little pricey for an any day lunch. For a special day trip it was about right. Two dinners, two hot teas, and two desserts were about $40. There was a full bar available and that could have run the price up a bit more gas we chosen that option.

By no means am I an expert on whether or not any if it was authentic Persian. The host seemed to be and the spices tasted right. I can say that it was very good and it's somewhere I'd go again. An unexpected surprise and a great choice.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Seeing the reviews at the right makes me sad. This a relatively new restaurant in the quaint Decatur, Ga. area. It is next door is a landmark restaurant which is in the verge of complacency, so we chose to try Colbeh on a recent trip to Atlanta. We found the decor and overall environment very welcoming and friendly. All staff including GM Sean Shamloufar were very helpful in describing the great variety of menu items. We were not disappointed with our choices. We are looking forward to another visit in the next month and recommend anyone visiting Decatur giving it a try.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We met friends at this place a couple weeks ago and were a bit disappointed. The bread that that was served was excellent. And it kept coming. But the food was just ok. We had the lamb skewer and it was extremely small, four bites for 9 bucks. The veggie skewer had been cooked by fish and had an overwhelming fish taste...which was so bad when one doesn't like fish. Our friends had the stews and said they were ok. but we re so upset that the music was so loud that one coulld not talk. I would say go for lunch, but their lunch menu is just too expensive.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Saw lamb shank on the menu. Turned out to be a boiled tasteless small shank in a bowl of equally bland broth. Rice was very good but did not go there for the rice. Order a cream puff for dessert. Way overpriced for what you get. Pastry was stale, cream was good but for the money did not carry the show. With lots of choices in the immediate area I don't think this is going to be a long term player.