“why is it so difficult to be friendly - bar service”

Green Ginger Asian Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 371 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Asian
“why is it so difficult to be friendly - bar service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

In the first place I want to recommend Green Ginger for their very easy to use online website. Unfortunately the bar tender who is the only restaurant contact you have during your pick-up of the order doesn't greet you, doesn't ask if you want to drink something, and pretty much throws the order in front of you. Was it because I only gave a 12% tip on my to do order? Or was it because he just doesn't care about what he does or pick-up customers. This is just so disappointing for a service business that counts on repeat business. Well we aren't going back, done with Green Ginger. There are better Asian Restaurants in Decatur anyway.

• Visited May 2013

Kissimmee, Florida
“Good Thai Food, Good Sushi, Good Service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had lunch Saturday with a friend. The service has been spotty in the past but we got a great waiter on this visit. Very attentive and accommodating. These things should be a given when dining out, but previously that has not always been the case here. We order the Crab Rangoon and Spring rolls as appetizers. The Crab Rangoon is a little sweeter here than most places, but my friend likes it that way so we usually get them. The spring rolls were a first this time and while they were good they could have been great with a little pork in them for seasoning and taste. We got a sushi Maki Roll which I believe was the Green Ginger Box Roll. it has tuna and salmon in it and was VERY spicy with Siracha on top. I love spicy food but it seemed to have extra kick in it this day. We also ordered the Mussalman Curry with Chicken. This dish has a peanut sauce based that was wonderfully peanut and buttery. We got it with chicken which was all lean breast meat and well cooked. The dish came with large carrot and potato pieces which was OK, but this dish in other restaurants doesn't usually come with either of those two items. My friend had never tried that dish anyway before and she even commented that potato and carrot chunks didn't seem very Asian and seemed odd in the dish. Perhaps if they were julien (sp) cut, they would have fit in better with some onions, but not as is. the one thing that seemed less than professionally was that there were back of the house kitchen workers hanging out by the back door with dirty pots and pans. Both when we went into the restaurant, and an hour later when we left workers were hanging out. They should consider changing that. Overall everything was very good and I look forward to returning in the future.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta
“Really enjoyed it!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and stopped in close to 10pm on a Friday night to use a groupon for dinner and ddrinks. The decor was very nice, quite modern. Service was outstanding! Our waitress was very attentive and had a great personality. Our food was served in record time and was quite good. We ordered 2 entrees, a sushi roll and spring rolls. I would not order the spring rolls again, they were good just really, really small. But overall, it is a definite do over for us!

• Visited April 2013
Roeland Park, Kansas
“Delightful noodle soup on the veranda”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family has lived in Asia as much as 9 years. We like noodle soups. Being August, I expected it to be too hot. It wasn't. I expected the outside to be too noisy and polluted. It wasn't. I told the waiter to tell the cook I had lived in Thailand six years and liked spice. He delivered some heat but not too much. The soup was delicious, spivey, and ample. I have returned.

• Visited August 2012
Decatur, Georgia
“Not Quite What We Were Looking For”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Although the atmosphere was pleasant, the seating arrangement and acoustics made it easier to here the person at the table next to ours than others at our own table. The service was polite but not dependable (several minutes of empty water glasses and the food we were presented with was for a different table). The noodle bowls were heavy on the sauce and light on the vegetables. The generous serving of sauce, however, will give us at least a good start to a meal at home.

Visited January 2013