“Great for Take Out”

Mint 2 Thai & Sushi
Ranked #179 of 376 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery
Description: ph: 678-999-9888 Thai and Sushi, dining in and take-out. On Facebook.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I live in the neighborhood, and at the end of a long day of meetings and errands had to pick up something to take home for dinner. I hadn't been here in a long time and needed to keep whatever I ordered low in carbs and otherwise healthy for myself and my husband.
They had dishes that fit both criteria, for me a rice noodle dish with tofu and veggies, for him, a Pad Thai with shrimp.

When I got home we shared, and the noodle dish had great flavor. I'm glad this place is so close to where I live.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

OK food. (Don’t expect super fresh sushi) but portions are generous and affordable.
Kids are always welcome and that helps. Delivery and pick up orders are quick.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

For what its worth, this review is colored a bit by the fact that we drove from Downtown Atlanta to Decatur to eat at Community BBQ, but they had already run out of food by 5pm on a Saturday. We had to get back to the Hyatt for a round of a scholastic chess tournament, and several of our party liked Thai so we gave Mint2 a try. The service was VERY SLOW. It took forever to get drinks, then a long time to get our orders taken, then even longer to get served. We sat down at 5:18 and did not get our food til 6:10. My friend tried Pad Thai, and it was very bland. I had BBQ beef, and it was ok, some pieces were delicious, others were gristly or fatty. My son had Sesame Chicken and said it was ok, but not as good as in other places. One kid had BBQ squid and said it was tasteless. The BBQ dipping sauce was excellent. Each meal came with a lettuce and carrot salad and what looked and smelled like watery french dressing. I would not recommend this place

Reviewed December 11, 2013

went to this restaurant after we bought a groupon coupon sushi for two. we were four and ordered lamb dish and chicken ter. the lamb was dry as a bone and chicken was just salty. Sushi for two? they should call it rice for two. No service at all. can not order drink, appetizer or dessert. I am glad we didn't. i don't even think they have servers. order was taken by a busser and food was delivered by a cook. I had to go and get my check.

1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I should have gone with my instinct of not trusting a restaurant that is both Thai and sushi. The massaman curry was very watery and the pad thai was boring. The food wasn't disgusting, but it had very little to recommend it. (We did not try the sushi, only the Thai food. A neighboring table had a sushi boat that looked attractive.)

But the main issue was service. This place has real problems. We waited for a long time to get anyone to bring us water or menus. Then, astonishingly, our waitress got into a car to deliver a takeout order after bringing us the menus but before she took our orders! She was gone for probably 15 minutes and there was no one else to serve us. The only other employee we saw - the cashier - looked bored and uninterested. I almost felt sorry for the one server. She was friendly when she was at our table and I'm sure she didn't ask to be both the server and the take-out delivery person. (Eventually we saw another server but it didn't help us.)