“Fantastic Meal”
Review of No. 246

Reserve with OpenTable
No. 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 371 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street
Transit: The Decatur MARTA station is one block south of our location.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Every meal here has been excellent. The menu constantly changes based on fresh ingredients, however the core of the meal stays the same (variations). The pizzas are authentic Italian style thin crust and the meat pizza can't be beat. Good wine list. Ambiance is great, low lighting and can be loud at times.

Visited October 2013

Avondale Estates
“good food, nice bar but too noisy by half”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

More noise baffling please - much better than when they first opened, but it is still the highest noise level of any restaurant of its quality that I've visited.

Still, the food is really nice, creative and special Italian influence. We did the chef's menu once for my older son's birthday and we all rated it top notch. A really fun experience. For small parties, you'll have the chef's menu at a little bar with a window to the kitchen.

Good place to stop for a nice cocktail or wine.

• Visited September 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“2nd time around!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I ate here several months ago and loved it. So I suggested my friend and I have lunch there. He's a big foodie and sometimes I get nervous about picking a place. But I felt pretty confident,unless something had gone horribly wrong,that he would love it. And he did! We choose to sit outside because of the exquisite weather. They offer a small lunch menu,but everything looks so interesting it's hard to choose. So we let our delightful server,Zena,choose for us. She did not disappoint! To start,we had the Fried Green Tomatoes...very tasting.For entrees I had the Agnolotti Pasta with squash and crispy sage and my friend had the Fried Ga. White Shrimp Sandwich with a side of Field Peas. I loved both! For dessert we shared the Chocolate Tartufo...chocolate tart with salted caramel and cocoa ice cream. WOW!!! We washed it all down with a nice bubbly. Perfect lunch with a dear friend on a beautiful day. I only wish it could have lasted longer!

Visited September 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Very creative restaurant, good food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a trendy sort of place which normally turns me off as sometimes the desire to be trendy translates into weird food combinations and the finished dish doesn't necessarily meet expectations. But in this case I was impressed with our lunch.

They had some unusual combinations (peach pizza?) but the peach pizza turned out to be excellent, as did the white pizza and the shrimp sandwich. The pepper sauce that came with the peach pizza was very very good. This is a case of a chef who has a vision and is able to carry it out.

We also had the crispy cheese appetizer and the home made marinara sauce (with Italian tomatoes) which came with it was very flavorful without being overly acidic. They also use local produce in several of their dishes.

The wait staff was friendly knowledgeable and did a great job of explaining the menu items and they took good care of us. The coffee and espresso was top notch.

If you like non-traditional menus, this place is worth a visit. If you don't like non-traditional menus, this place is still worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loud”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is creatively prepared bar food; prices are slightly above average. However, the noise level is a real distraction!

Visited July 2013

Been to No. 246? Share your experiences!