“Sensitivity training for staff??!!”
Review of No. 246

Reserve with OpenTable
No. 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street
Transit: The Decatur MARTA station is one block south of our location.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food was OK, my terrible rating is for the attitude of the wait-staff. I am a South Asian woman who had taken my caucasian partner for lunch to the restaurant. The waitress refused to look at me or acknowledge me and spoke entirely to the "white male" at the table, much to the discomfort of both my partner and myself. She wasn't flirting with my partner; it seemed as if to her a woman of color simply did not count!

She seemed a little non-plussed when I picked up the check and paid for us.

I hope that in a diverse city such as Atlanta, the owners of 246 would provide sensitivity training to its staff-- for one thing, be aware that their tip may not be paid by the person they are showering with attention!!

1  Thank S M

Reviewed May 26, 2013

By far the best pasta dish (shrimp and pasta) I've had in a long time. Very fresh ingredients, great white wine sauce. Located on Ponce-de-Leon near Church Street. Lunch menu is a bit limited but quality is more important than quantity. Extensive wine list. Lunch prices are good ($8-12). Evening meals are more ($20-30). Nice atmosphere. Helpful wait staff.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Mother's Day visit was a real treat. While the chopped salads were not traditional they were excellent. The prep table in front of the kitchen was innovative and well done. Good service across the board.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Words can not do this place justice, No. 246 is wonderful. A great atmosphere and great service. They have daily specials and today's special was a beef steak tomato sandwich and it was out of this world. My two friends had the hamburger and they loved that sandwich. I plan to be returning soon to No. 246.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

They know how to create a "dining experience" -- attention, consistency, great food. I love that you can get a wonderful soup and salad that will stun you and while it might cost more than at another place, it's so worth it. I've been twice -- once for an anniversary dinner and another time for an impromptu lunch.