“We had a nice stay”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Decatur
Stedman, North Carolina
“We had a nice stay”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way from California to Virginia for one night. The property is now a Quality Inn and they are in the process of updating the rooms. The hotel seemed to be in good shape with a nice breakfast in the morning. I think once the renovations are complete this will be a really nice hotel . The front desk attendant was helpful and nice to deal with. We enjoyed our stay here and would stay here again in the future

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chella1967, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
We are please your stay was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again when in the area.

Michelle Baptiste- Asst GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fairfield, Virginia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here while attending Braves games. The positive was that it is the easiest way to get to Turner Field for the game. I-20 compared to other entry points is way better. As far as the Magnolia Inn/Quality Inn it's positive is the breakfast and the lady who does breakfast. The rooms are old and dingy. The TV's came out of the 70's. I mean come on 19 inch tube tv's? The selection of channels? Well they didn't even have the channel the braves played on which is a local channel. I will give them a break and say, they have trailers on the lot with upgraded stuff. I wanted to open them myself and do the upgrade before I stayed. I wish I could give a positive review and maybe it will be better after the renovations but until then I can't.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dic1000
We have completed all our renovations at this time. Hope when your in town for another Braves
game you will visit with us.

Michelle Baptiste - Asst GM
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Me and my Fiance stayed at the "New" Quality Inn & Suites over the weekend.

The location is only 15 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, close to Covington and only 30 minutes from the Airport. This is the reason we chose the hotel, also because it has a free HOT breakfast, free on-site parking and free Wi-Fi. The Indian Creek MARTA station is not far away at as well. :)

The hotel must have gone through a re-branding recently but that does not show.

The rooms are spacious clean and have very comfy beds. I reserved a King-Size room non smoking and it had a Microwave and a mini-fridge (although it was more like a giant freezer!) :( It froze my food and beverages!!!

The breakfast was amazing, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, juices, yogurt etc... Please add ketchup to your standard condiments and also bacon.

The Wi-Fi was fast and reliable and able to be used on multiple devices at the same time.

The rooms had a strong smell of a cleaning air freshener that was nice and long lasting but some people may find that too much!

There was a notice in the room saying that by March 14th new upgrades will be implemented like furniture, painting and New 32' flat screen TV's? I guess my room was the dud cause I had a old school color tv and the furniture was outdated.

The bathroom needs a refresher and there was mold on the ceiling. However that did not concern me and I really enjoyed my stay.

Having worked in the hotel industry for many years and managed the guest services department for over 2 years I did not like that the Front Desk staff/Manager were hanging out/sitting in the breakfast bar chatting with staff members. I thought that and the fact that they wore casual closes instead of proper hotel attire (Choice standard) really bothered me and I found look rather unprofessional. I do say the Manager Michelle is very friendly!

I would definitely return to this hotel but I would probably try a more centrally located property first.

Overall great place in need of an upgrade....

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room with a king-sized bed!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the positive feedback and the comments.
Hope you will visit with us again when in the area.

Michelle Baptiste- Asst- GM
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is now a Quality Inn by Choice Hotels and it most certainly is lacking QUALITY! We stayed for two nights. Checked in, unpacked, tired from a long 7 hour day on the road. Pulled down the sheets to find pubic hair, GROSS! I went out to my car and got my own blanket to sleep with. Decided to watch some TV to find that it was broken! Had to get up early to catch a taxi. Jumped in the shower and the water never got hot! I mean cold, ridiculously cold. I complained on my way out the door to the asst. manager and she said if I wanted to move I would have to do it now so they can clean and sell the room I was in! I said, not sure how you would sell a room with no hot water or a tv. I have to leave now and I need a different room when I come back or I'm checking out and I want my money back. She then said she would save a room for me but with an attitude. When I came back I had a new room, I moved all my stuff over to it and I checked the tv, hot water and sheets. Everything was fine then. Woke up in the morning headed to the shower only to have COLD WATER YET AGAIN! I was so pissed! I even took a cup of the water down to the desk to let them feel how cold it was. I said I wanted to be compensated for this huge inconvenience and the front desk agent said they had to call the manager to see what he could do. When I came back to check out he said the manager said they could not offer me anything off the room rate because I already booked it at a discount! The only thing they could offer me were some choice hotels points! I'm mean really!! I am pretty sure I will not be risking my sanity at choice hotels anymore! I'd rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere! Unacceptable!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Heidi S
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you are considering staying here, think twice. It is old, tired and sad. The air conditioning in the first room assigned to me did not work, and the phone was dead, so I couldn't call the front desk. My second room had a great view of the back parking lot, including a street light that interfered with my sleep since the curtain didn't meet in the middle. The shower would not come on, so I had to use the tub, which I hate!!! The room had a funky smell and the carpet was dirty. The only plus was really fluffy pillows. I would not recommend this unless the rooms were free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ggginsc
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Horrible, just horrible! Rooms stank, there was white stuff smeared all over the dressers, carpets were nasty and got ur feet dirty just walking in the tiny room for 2 minutes, water not hot, waffle machine timer broke, all breads were stale, too expensive with hidden fees, weird shower that took forever to figure out, lumpy pillows, tiny beds (they advertised a king but don't even have one!), shower curtain wouldn't stay in place so it wound up flooding the bathroom floor and made it slippery as heck, no trash cans outside, and I'm sure I forgot about a thing or 3! And they wouldn't do anything because I booked thru hotels.com! Never, never go there. Go to a super 8 or something!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank atracy211
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is an awesome place to stay. It's clean, the staff was extremely polite. The kitchen staff was super sweet. The kitchen staff buffer also accommodated those who are not pork eaters!!! Overall if you are in Lithonia, GA I recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Affordable Hotel
Affordable Hotel
#4 of 17 in Decatur
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Emory University Area
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East? Share your experiences!