“Free parking.”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Toronto, Canada
“Free parking.”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Poor layout. Gangster element. 1980's timewarp. Good BBQ place nearby. I'm too old for this place.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Roadhemi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Not in the greatest part of town, but not a bad deal. Old hotel, but clean. Staff is very friendly. Thin walls. Only one non-fast food restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa R
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Clean, Quiet, Decent location. Perfect for an overnight stay.

When I checked in my room had one of the two chairs smashed, I phoned the front desk and they switched it out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Charleston
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We just stayed here again for another overnight stay. We simply aren't getting the bad experiences that some others are having. We were given a friendly greeting & welcomed as Platinum members with a little gift. We stayed in a suite (reasonably priced) which was clean, comfortable and everything worked. The TV was still an older version (not a flat screen, but sufficient for the evening). The complimentary breakfast was as most Holiday Inn Expresses have...always sufficient, but boring if you regularly stay at HIE (though the bagels still weren't pre-sliced and there was only one choice of yogart (& expired date). We would still stay here again the next time we're traveling through.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

As a member of the Holiday Inn Premier Club, I've stayed in a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels. This one was the worst I've been in. The staff was nice and friendly but the hotel did not seem very clean, inviting or warm. It was as if the builder/designer used the cheapest of all fixtures, decor and/or materials they could find. We stayed two nights and at a great rate. I initially forgave them thinking that for $99/night, I really couldn't complain. But that was until we stayed at another HIE (the night after we left this hotel) in Charlotte, NC and that hotel was top-notch. I would not recommend this HIE and would not stay again.

Specific complaints were the shower which sprayed all over the bathroom and the mold which appeared in and around the bathroom tile.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2011

On July 8, 2011, my husband and I arrived at the Holiday Inn on Panola Rd in Lithonia, GA. Before I begin, I would like to state that I have been a loyal Priority Club member in the past and have enjoyed numerous stays at various Holiday Inns (domestic and international) in the past, and have happily completed surveys about my experiences. However, this was the first time I found it my duty to do a review of this hotel. Upon arrival, I asked if we could upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite and we would pay the difference. We were given the room keycards and when we opened the door, we were greeted by a strong musty/moldy odor in the room. The Jacuzzi did not look well kept and I decided to ask for another suite. The manager was nice and allowed me to view the room next door but that room too had the most disgusting pungent smell and I saw hair around the Jacuzzi. Due to fatigue from traveling, we decided on the original room that was assigned but we should have taken our things and left that very second. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons, I called the front desk for cleaning supplies to clean the dirty whirlpool. They sent the comet but when my husband noticed what I was trying to do, he commented that it was unnecessary for the the whole room was not fit to sleep in. My husband is a safety engineer and was concern about the levels of mold and mildew we were inhaling and the true cleanliness of the room. The end result was us spending most of our time eating and sleeping at my mother-in-law’s house and using the hotel room as a place to change clothes. We wasted money upgrading to a room we did not use or enjoyed. Also, I would like to reiterate that I would not send my worst enemy to this hotel nor recommend this Holiday Inn on my favorite travel site, Trip Advisor. This was by far the worst experience I have had at a Holiday Inn; so please Lithonia, you have to do better!

Room Tip: I have found that staying in condos/apartments are the best when choosing a place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheLuggX
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed here for my birthday and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless the cost was around $30 per night then maybe it would be tolerable. The room wasn't and didn't feel clean at all. Toilet seat had pee all under the lid where it hadn't been cleaned. Neighbor that hotel is in doesn't feel safe at all. Furniture is out of date and looks really bad. Overall, not a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
#43 of 171 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East? Share your experiences!