“Visited for Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went here today for a takeout lunch and it was excellent. I got the fried fish sandwich and that thing was freaking HUGE!!!

I opted for a side salad instead of fries and am glad I did since the fish was so big. Great fish, fresh bread, crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and excellent onions.

I will go again.

Like others have said, they do not take credit/debit cards. I found it charming and felt it added to the "retro" feel of the place. Also I felt this was why the place was rather affordable. People don't realize that merchants pay a lot of money to give you the convenience of using your credit/debit card.

But if you are in the general area, you should come, cash in hand. The service was excellent and the food tasted home made.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great breakfast offered here. Endless combinations are offered or just tell them exactly what you are thinking about and, within reason, it is coming up. Chic decor is complemented with great service. Maybe a bit pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place has it all, whatever breffie you want! I had Portland scramble, with zucchini, broccoli, olives and spicy sliced peppers. Hubby had cream cheese scramble w/ chives, really good, w/ bagel. Few places have any good veggies for breakfast. Service was friendly and excellent - efficient. We got out of there in a half hour to make our plane, and did not feel rushed. Would dnitely go back!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great establishment in the heart of Decatur, Georgia. I visit a lot of diners but Thumbs Up has truly mastered the authentic diner feel. The food had that true down home cooking (homemade)taste to it! The pancakes were delicious and filling, the bacon was nice and crisp, eggs cooked to perfection covered in cheese(my choice)and even the coffee was great! The staff displayed the Essence of Southern Hospitality. The prices are very reasonable and would highly recommend. Portions are plenty!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

There is a 07/14 review about thumbs up not being family friendly. I disagree.

Let me get my bias out of the way first.. I love this place for breakfast. Whenever we are in Atlanta, we make the trip here for breakfast. I think the biscuits are outstanding. I talked to the biscuit maker, I think her name is susan, who is also the owner, and thanked her for perfect biscuits,. I order one with egg over easy and sausage, filling and yummy. How can you beat the price of under $4! Are you kidding me? I told her we were disappointed in the other two thumbs-up located in Atlanta and she told me they are all franchised operations. Well, this one is the best.

We went with 4 adults and two kids on a Sunday morning. They treated us very, very well. Perfect for the kids since they love the pancakes here and can be a bit loud since it is a retro diner atmosphere and it can get a bit loud, but not awful. Bottom line is, never ate lunch here but absolutely recommend the place for breakfast. The one negative, ok, there is one.. cash only. No points on my credit card. Thanks susan for great biscuits!