“Comfortable Pub”

The Marlay House
Ranked #25 of 365 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, American, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Comfortable Pub”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Marlay House is warm in the winter and has a great patio for the rest of the year. The food is delicious, there is a good beer list and it is an overall enjoyable place to spend time. It's one of our favorite places in town.

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Mar-love!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant/bar many times and I really enjoy the atmosphere, the drinks, and the food. I almost always get the chicken fingers and fries, although I have had some of the other fare and haven't been disappointed. If you want the feel of an Irish Pub consider coming here. When my mother came to visit, of the four days she spent in Decatur, we ate here on 2 separate days, just a nod to the food!!!

• Visited February 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“maybe it was the Chefs Day off”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Judging by the reviews we must have dropped in for lunch on the Chefs day off and the relief dishwasher was trying to fill in. Fish and Chips disgusting - dont call yourself an Irish Pub if you dont know a thing about making a pub basic. The Irish sausage and mash was marginally better but certainly nothing to write home about. At least the kitchen isn't responsible for the beer

• Visited January 2013
ga
“A Mixed Review”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Marlay House has everything one could ask for in terms of location and atmosphere: cute neighborhood, authenticity (as close as can be found in Atlanta, anyway), a good menu. When we arrived at 10:10 am or so, they were still setting up. We thought that they were closed until one of the waitstaff told us they would be finished setting up in a minute or two. We thought it strange to advertise brunch but not have the restaurant ready to seat people a little earlier than that. When we did sit down, it took a good long while for one of the four waitstaff to get even our drink orders. There were only about 2 other customers at this time, sitting right behind us. After that the brunch was absolutely delicious--I couldn't have wanted for more (aside from the brisket being a little cold as if it had been plated quickly and then sat out waiting for delivery). The service was our main complaint. The waitress's visits to our table were rare, and when she did come by she never asked if we needed anything--just pour some water or coffee and dash off again. I did manage to catch her to ask for creamer and more coffee. When I asked if it was decaf (I have to make sure that there isn't caffeine in my coffee), she gave me a look and pointed to the sign "Decaf" on the thermos. Wow. This left us feeling uncomfortable, and put a damper on what would have been a very pleasant experience.

• Visited November 2012
“AWESOME.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It's like popping over to your Irish neighbor's house for a pint. The lamb stew is a personal favorite.