“Outstanding meal, top service.”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 377 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Arrived Monday evening New Year's Eve week. Full, but our reservation had us seated right on time. Fabulous mix of tapas; fried eggplant, the mix of cheeses (incl. "drunken goat"), and others that carnivores in our party raved about. Ordered red quinoa entree - perfect mix of pea sprouts, puree of acorn squash, red quinoa, asparagus, carrots. One of the top 10 meals I've had this year, from any restaurant. Our party sampled a lot of each others' dishes and all were excellent (I have to take word of others on the meat dishes). There were just a few vegetarian dishes, but all top notch. Those in our party that ordered drinks said they were quite good, and the mango passion fruit ice cream, with white chocolate covering, the "Bomba" dessert, would have earned our dining there on its own. As one whose family owned a fine dining restaurant it was impressive how they managed to get all the foods "just right". Our waiter - from Nuremberg, was outstanding and the manager was attentive, making rounds to all the tables and helping out the wait staff as well. Visited the kitchen and saw that the sous chef was keeping everything well coordinated. We will come back. Will keep our fingers crossed and hope they add a couple more vegetarian/sustainable fish (e.g. tilapia) dishes.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I and our friends are all "foodys" and love trying all the top-rated restaurants. We had read a lot of bad reviews on the "Iberian Pig" but then had also read some great reviews so we decided to give it a try. We had reservations for 8:45 PM and we arrived at about 8:30. The place was PACKED. We were all already starving, so we asked the hostess if they were behind as we would find somewhere else to eat. She assured us no, they were not behind, and we would be seated by our reservation time. We ordered drinks at the bar (which was an event in itself and next to impossible - you will be ignored at the bar so be prepared to exert yourself for some attention). At 9:00 PM, we re-approached the hostesses and asked again when we would be seated. They assured us it would be soon. At 9:15 PM we were still not seated. I walked up to the hostess and reminded her we were told 30 minutes ago we would be seated at 8:45 PM. She said "Oh, yes, I do remember and we know. We are clearing your table right now and will call you in just a minute." We went back outside and waited, waited, waited. Basically the woman lied. After 9:30 PM, I was livid. It is one thing to tell someone there will be a wait. It is a totally different ballgame to LIE and tell a customer you are "clearing their table." I informed the hostess at that point that I was aware she had lied to me and that I wanted to be seated immediately. In other words, I unfortunately had to get rude to actually be taken seriously. That is ridiculous. She hopped to it and "Suddenly" a table appeared. We were then seated immediately and noticed a number of other empty tables as well. What in the world? By the time our food arrived, it was 10 PM. Keep in mind our reservation was for 8:45 and we were told at 8:30 that we would be seated at 8:45. Needless to say, we will NOT be returning.

2  Thank pinkelephants123
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner last month. We knew it had a great reputation and our experience certainly didn't disappoint. Everything from the delicious pork cheek tacos to the BBQ octopus (to name a few) were outstanding. We chowed down on whatever the waiter recommended. My favorite was the ever-simple Manchego mac-n-cheese. I've since tried to re-create that dish at home and have replaced the standard mac-n-cheese way at our house!

The service here was exception but I attribute that to our waiter. I wish I could remember his name but he definitely helped to make the experience a 5 star rating.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Iberian Pig has set the bar very high for tapas. The food is exceptional. The servers were keen and attentive in a way seldom seen. Folks that want to really savor the food and wine will love The Pig.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

Our party of four had dinner on Friday night. Impeccable service, friendly but professional. The food is fantastic. Create an assortment of meats and cheese served with lovely bread.
Two had entrees...lamb ribs and halibut..both delicious. But the tapas! Bacon wrapped figs, crab balls, pork cheek tacos and eggplant fries. Each accompanied by the perfect sauce. Everything on the menu looks inviting. The owners are very much on the scene, chatting with customers, overseeing the flawless service. Best restaurant experience in a long time. And, the bartender, try the French Martini or the Pimm's lemonade with cucumber and apple. Excellent wine selection as well. Try the churros with dark chocolate/chili sauce.

1  Thank Anne60898