“Decent tapas and service”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 385 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Not the best tapas I've had, but still very good. The tapas came in batches which made for a great grazing dinner. The octopus was quite good, but again, not the best I've eaten. Nice blends of flavors however in many of the dishes. Our waitress was great and very helpful but the drink service was a bit slow (might have been due to the World Cup US-Portugal game being on).

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Ate here tonight and enjoyed the food. Drink service was a little slow but as the US was playing Portugal perhaps the bartender was distracted!, 3 cocktails, 7 plates plus tip was $112. Worth it

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Has tapas here on a chefs forum. 16 items were brought and all were delicious. Octopus, boar sausage were tops! Wish I lived in the area. Would go again and again.

2  Thank Mallphin
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Iberian Pig was fairly noisy and crowded, yet our server attended to us and made several good suggestions as we pursued the selection of tapas and charcuterie. Great drink selection set the stage for a sampling of aged Serrano ham from black-footed Iberian pigs, which had been fed a diet of acorns. This ham had been aged longer than a year in its curing process. Served paper-thin at room temperature, this stuff melted on our tongues. This was the best ham I have ever had ! The other tapas provided a nice counterpoint to the Serrano ham flavor spectrum.
Yes, we'll be back.

2  Thank Mike R
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a lingering restaurant. Not a run in, eat, run out. Make it an experience. Only open for dinner i believe.

While they do their best to stage the tapas, you are better off to order in stages as well. Its ALWAYS busy so make reservations.

First, the drinks are excellent. They have a fine collection of liquors as well as non-alcoholic drinks. My husband always orders a fancy drink that is a special for the day. Recently he ordered a DB Cooper because i made him. (DB cooper was a bank robber in the 70s).
Be prepared to drop some cash here. This way you can make sure to order as much as you can fit in your belly. We always get the charcuterie. The cheeses are always set on a dollop of delicious jams. I'm not a foodie but the jams that add a hint of sweet to set off the tang of the cheese....oh my god...
Whatever special tapas they have that day are usually going to me amazing. AMAZING! They had a tuna one recently that i cant quit thinking about. But all the tapas are pretty good/wonderful. My favorites in mostly this order are: tiny tacos, scallops, asparagus, ravioli. I didnt care for the lamb ribs but everyone at the table loves them. Another hint, if you have 4 people they can make sure to have 4 pieces versus three on the tapas that come as a trio. Take your time and really savor!
If you want to do entrees, or flatbreads: they are also amazing! The carnede cerdo was like a carnival of flavors! I would never think that all of those items would be something i would like but it was delicious! The entrees we have had are usually specials but everything has always been great.

Dessert: I have only had the foinch toast. It sounds disgusting because i am a picky eater. But its sooooo good! It is 2 healthy pieces of french toast with some foi gras. There's a hint of fruit in there. Its just rich and decadent. You cant eat one by yourself. It is a sharing dessert.

I know this review sounds like i am friends with the owner, but really, its just that good! For 2 people we spent 160. For 4 we spent 310 with tip. We did not have full bottles of wine and generally a drink and a couple of beers was the maximum per person.

Great for special occasions. Ask for Gabriella to be your server. she's great.

2  Thank Lori B