“AWESOME!”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 373 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was out second visit to the restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The owner came by our table twice to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. Of course the BWD (bacon wrapped dates) are our favorite. We ordered at least 8 different tapas and a bottle of wine and can honestly say that there wasn't a single one that we did not enjoy. Absolutely incredible!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Julia L

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid this one.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

First of all, the restaurant needs a thorough, deep cleaning. The smell when you walk in is of old ham fat and strong cheese that may have fallen onto the rug and never been properly cleaned. Why I did not turn around at that moment, I can't say. The service was Disney-esque. A perky waitress explained Tapas to me, which I did not need , does anyone in this day and age? The food was meager, and mediocre. I sensed old oil and a component of one dish was missing, when we inquired, it was brought out with an "of sure you want that". When we left, our clothing stunk of fried food. No ventilation apparently. also so dark. Really dark walls and low lighting. Our waitress was annoyingly present for the first few moments, then disappeared, I eventually got a bus boy to bring her around. She was training someone but still.....if you have tables, you need to be able to attend to those, too. Don't go to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bettina306d
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Everything was great and I'm vegetarian :)”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

So i am vegetarian...very brave decision to visit the Iberian Pig for dinner. Well let me tell you it was excellent and I was very pleasantly surprised at the great selection of vegetarian options. There are vegan options as well, but naturally, these are very limited to salads.

On the night I visited they had a risotto on the tapas menu that was to die for! So smooth and creamy and rich. One of the best risottos i have had outside of Italy. The risotto was on special. I hope they decide to make it a regular on the menu as it truly is excellent.

I also had the ENSALADA DE MARCONA which was lovely although i would have the dressing on the side next time as the vinegar was just a little overpowering for the salad- i don't much like vinaigrettes though.

My friends had quite a few selections including the manchego mac & cheese, the huevo con trufa, pork cheek tacos, esparragos and a lamb dish. Each dish they declared was excellent. They also had the sangria which they told me was also ver lovely...not too sweet, but just right.

The waitress was very friendly and helpful as she guided us through the selections. Unfortunately, however, you will have to specifically request the separate vegetarian menu if you are vegetarian as it is not offered up front. However, there are vegetarian options available on the regular menu if you go through it carefully.

The only disappointment of the evening was the dessert. Two of my friends ordered the espresso brulee, only to be told afterward that it was frozen and unavailable. The chef/manager (not sure who he was) did come by to apologise profusely and did offer us some complimentary churros instead. Alas the churros took quite some time and as we were late for an appointment and could not wait we had to leave without them.

All in all the atmosphere was great, the place nicely decorated and cosy on a cold night, the servers warm and friendly. Because of all these things, be prepared for a more crowded place and for the place to be a little noisy, but the pros far outweigh these little cons.

• Visited November 2013
Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Lovely dinner on the patio”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had a wonderful meal, sharing a variety of small plates and a bottle of wine. The selection of Spanish cured meats and cheeses was extensive, and the wait staff were very knowledgeable and helpful in making suggestions. We sat on the patio, and watched many people enjoying the square on this lovely August evening. If you are into artisan foods, this is a must try in the area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Stephanie L
Atlanta
“Indulgence”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Terrific food . . . for a pretty penny. Worth it, but I don't eat here without being prepared to spend at least $50 per person.

Visited November 2013

Been to The Iberian Pig? Share your experiences!