“Hidden gem in Decatur”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 375 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

It's actually hard to title this as 'hidden' due to its busy-ness, but I feel that most of Alanta doesn't venture into Decatur too often. Im very happy that I did with the wife on Saturday night, as we had an incredible night out at the Iberian Pig. While we waited for our table to be prepared we grabbed a drink by the bar, and our bartender was a true professional. He explained some of the signature cocktails, and artfully crafted us delicious drinks. Once we were seated our server was also the consummate professional, a refreshing experience when all too many servers at other restaurants are part-timers or apathetic about their profession. She deftly navigated the menu to us as first-time patrons, and helped guide us to create a delectable array of charcuterie and tapas. You'll definitely pay for the experience, but it's absolutely fairly priced and worth every penny. Save room for dessert (we had the churros) and make a reservation!

There are newer reviews for The Iberian Pig

Reviewed August 25, 2013

What a great meal! The Iberian Pig is a great place for dinner. When you go, definitely try the pork cheek tacos. The service, atmosphere and especially the food is top notch.

2  Thank clarkkr
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Been meaning to try this place for years but never did until last night. It was great and not over rated as I was expecting. Food is meant for sharing so order a lot of little plates or tapas platters. Pork cheek tacos were my favorite. The Jamon Iberian melted in my mouth but at $14 an oz. I won't be odering it again because there are too many other good choices. I did not enjoy the bacon infused rye Old Fashion as much as I thought I would but others swear by it. All in all, we will be back soon. Again, a great dining experience with very attentive and knowlegable wait staff.

2  Thank AtlantaRick
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Being a local resident of Decatur my wife and I and our friends have visited The Pig on several occasions and never had a bad time! First off there is always a wait for dinner so make reservations or pick up a buzzer. Their bar is excellent and they make great mixed drinks and chip their own glass fitting chunks of ice which is always a show. As far as dinner goes their tapas are top notch! I have spent years traveling and have been to many authentic tapas restaurants in Peru, Brazil and Argentina and this food makes me think I am abroad. They have so many choices and combinations you never get bored and you’ll never be able to try them all. I really like that they push the envelope to take you out of your comfort zone to try something new that is always wonderful – the chard & egg, wild boar meatballs, and pork cheeks are all amazing. Plus they usually have a nightly special as well as authentic ethnic drinks to try. The one thing you have to watch out for is that these plates are small and you order several, so they can really add up to a large bill if you’re trying not to spend too much. All in all this is a fantastic restaurant with a great, knowledgeable staff and you will be blown away.

2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Growing up in "the business" and being a bartender for years when I was younger I was really amazed that this outstanding restaurant had the worst service from the two bartenders I have experienced in years.

We love to go out for dinner and sit at the bar because it is really fun to people watch and have a bite to eat at the same time. Since we had never eaten here before and the dining room was packed we thought it was the perfect deal. Plenty of seats at the bar and they were slow. That usually means great service, lots of interaction about the place, the drinks and most important the food.

We sat down and were totally and I mean totally ignored for about 3 minutes. Finally I asked for the listed IPA. They were out, no big deal, normally a good server would suggest something else. Not here he just looked at me waiting for me to guess what might be available. Long story short this was the start of a painful experience when it comes to service. Zero interaction that was not started by us and this with two bartenders who were not busy at all. Finally when asked they did suggest a couple of great items. But candidly I get the feeling that everything is great.

All this being said the food was out of this world, small tapas portions like you would expect, beautiful textures and combinations of flavors were wonderful.

So at the end of the day I would go for the food but never sit at the bar again as there is clearly a disconnect between great service at the bar and the great food they make. Visited 8.13.13

Been to The Iberian Pig? Share your experiences!