“Outstanding food, vibe but very weak bartenders/service”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 380 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Growing up in "the business" and being a bartender for years when I was younger I was really amazed that this outstanding restaurant had the worst service from the two bartenders I have experienced in years.

We love to go out for dinner and sit at the bar because it is really fun to people watch and have a bite to eat at the same time. Since we had never eaten here before and the dining room was packed we thought it was the perfect deal. Plenty of seats at the bar and they were slow. That usually means great service, lots of interaction about the place, the drinks and most important the food.

We sat down and were totally and I mean totally ignored for about 3 minutes. Finally I asked for the listed IPA. They were out, no big deal, normally a good server would suggest something else. Not here he just looked at me waiting for me to guess what might be available. Long story short this was the start of a painful experience when it comes to service. Zero interaction that was not started by us and this with two bartenders who were not busy at all. Finally when asked they did suggest a couple of great items. But candidly I get the feeling that everything is great.

All this being said the food was out of this world, small tapas portions like you would expect, beautiful textures and combinations of flavors were wonderful.

So at the end of the day I would go for the food but never sit at the bar again as there is clearly a disconnect between great service at the bar and the great food they make. Visited 8.13.13

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I came here for my birthday and it was an amazing dinner and experience. The server was extremely knowledgeable and made the whole experience even better. The place itself is very nice and intimate. We started with two pretty delicious cocktails. And started with the bacon wrapped dates (SOOOOOO worth it). I had the chicken entree and the crispiness really made it good. We finished with the espresso creme brulee...fantastic. This is definitely one of the top three restaurants I have eaten at in Atlanta.

3  Thank Tyler F
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We sat outside to enjoy the energy on the sidewalk and adjoining town square. They have a nice selection of specialty drinks, and good wine by the glass. Surprisingly you can get fino in a cocktail but not by the glass! The tapas were terrific. The octopus was grilled and smoked --- new and very delicious. Service was fast and appropriately attentive. Definitely a place to try.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our extended family met here for a celebration. The server was wonderful and explained that our items would not be brought out at the same time but as we ordered it on small plates. Tapas. The atmosphere was a little loud and certainly not inexpensive but great for a celebration. The server also brought us free champagne for a celebratory toast!!

2  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We came here for my husband's birthday. They had a birthday card on the table for him signed by members of the staff. Our waiter was fabulous and had extensive knowledge about the food and the wine list. Everything we had was outstanding and unique with many different flavors. My favorites were the Spanish Tortoloni and the Croquettes de Queso. This is great for a date night or a large group of people.

3  Thank Rebecca L