“Excellent pork and cheeses”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 376 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

While the front staff was less than accommodating (we arrived a few minutes before they officially opened and were sent back out into the rain), our waiter, Jason, was helpful and explained all of the dishes that intrigued us. The menu can be found here: http://www.theiberianpigatl.com/menu

We stared out with three cured meats (Jamón Ibérico, Lomo Ibérico & Salchichon Ibérico de Bellotta), all delicious, as well as three excellent cheeses (the bleu Valdeón D.O., the Monte Enebro - if you just get one get this, it's great -and what I think was the Caña de Oveja). We then shared an Ensalada de Marcona, which Jason was kind enough to split for us, and ended our meal with the Bacon-wrapped dates. OMG. You CANNOT miss this dish. The pits are removed and stuffed with Manchego cheese and walnuts, then baked. Five little pieces of perfection that stay with you.

We were very pleased and we will be back!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I love this restaurant. My first visit was the Monday of the Final Four, and the staff were excellent. the food is amazing, and I started with the BWD tapas (bacon wrapped dates) at the recommendation of the server. Excellent dates with Manchego cheese and walnuts, and bacon. The flatbread at the next table looked so appetizing that I did order the Carne de Cerdo. There is an extensive wine list. The restaurant is loud, but festive. This gem is in walking distance of the MARTA Decatur stop, and is in Decatur Square

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Probably the best restaurant in Decatur; not too fancy, but really nice and not too expensive but really good. Not just meat either (although there is alot of "pig" on the menu). The food is delicious and the wine list is endless; just ask the owner what you should drink and eat and do not bother looking at the menu. The same restaurant would charge twice as much in Buckhead!

1  Thank VBATL
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a great place! The food is amazing, the service good. It is a loud, busy place with lots of room for a great party. I celebrated a friend's birthday there, and it was so much fun.

2  Thank triniyankee
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband took some business associates here right after they opened. He raved about how good it was and took me for our anniversary. We have been many times since and every time the food is amazing. I always have a mojito to start while my husband has red wine. We get the meat and cheese to begin with and move on to the tacos, eggplant fries, and the dates (which are the best ever). Can't wait to go again. Seriously, this place is the best ever!

2  Thank WalkerMom200