“Poor service, overcooked and overpriced food: why bother?”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 367 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Decatur, Georgia
“Poor service, overcooked and overpriced food: why bother?”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My partner and I met two friends for dinner at the Iberian Pig last week, and because it was very noisy inside and the weather was so pleasant, we asked for and were seated at a table about 30 minutes after our reservation time. We had waited at the bar which was pleasant enough. After being seated, it was about 10-15 minutes before our server aprproached our table and took our drink orders, and another 10-15 minutes before they were delivered. Our order for starters was placed along with our main courses at the same time. My partner ordered 3 small plates and specifically requested that a specific small plate be delivered with our appetizers and that the other two be sergved with our entrees. I ordered eggplant fries for my appetizer and the TIP Chicken as my main plate. I will simply stated that the eggplant fries were merely ok, but my chicken was SO dry and there wasn't a spot of jambon stuffing that I could find. The chick, besides being dry, was pretty flavorless. The worst thing was that although the first of my partner's small plates was indeed delivered with our appetizers, the other two were delivered about 10 minutes BEFORE our entrees, for which there was a ridiculous wait, and during which time at least 3 other servers approached our table with food someone another table had ordered. It was impossible to get our server's attention for water, etc., and since my partner's and my tab amounted to (gulp) $92 I daresay we will NOT be going back. As my headline sates: poor service, overcooked and overpriced food: whybother?"

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Steve B

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic and Eclectic Spanish Tapas Restaurant in Decatur”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this restaurant - Great food, fun cocktails, wonderful beer and wine selection... Pork cheek tacos can't be beat, though I hate the name (too descriptive), veal ravioli another favorite, and don't leave without trying the Jamon Iberico!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ZenMama11
Alpharetta, GA
“Not Spain But Close Enough!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Finally had the opportunity to eat here last Saturday night, they are always booked so you have to plan a few days ahead. The place has the atmosphere that you might find in Barcelona or Majorca. There is so much to choose on the menu and it is not all pork. If you like cured meats and great cheese come here and have a great wine with a choice of from Spain, Argentina and Chile or signture cocktails. Great tapas, some of the standard like figs stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon which are always soo tasty but these had a twist(try them) and fish, lemon hollandaise, arugula rice grits, marinated wild mushrooms to name a couple. The service was also very good. Decatur is a fun place in the evenings with many hot spots, shops and one of the few places to just walk around in Atlanta area.

• Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful Tapas & Ambience”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining at the "pig" while in Atlanta on business. I especially loved the tortelloni & churros. Everything from the food to decor to music was lovely!

• Visited August 2012
SouthGa
“Delicious, fun place for something different!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have been hearing about Decatur's The Iberian Pig and have wanted to try it. Finally got the chance last night - yum! The paper-thin cured meats (think proscuitto, but Spanish - like serrano) were awesome, served with manchego cheese, fresh bread and olive oil. Skipped the main dishes in favor of tapas - bbq lamb ribs on herbed grits, goat cheese croquettes... and the red sangria was wonderful! A fun place for something different - located right on the historic square! I'll be back!

• Visited August 2012