“Disaster: terrible service”
Review of The Iberian Pig

The Iberian Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iberian Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My wife and I had been here several times alone and tried to do a mothers day brunch. When dining with children, I've learned to order for them when I sit down. I swear these people after 4 reminders and two visit from a manager couldn't muster up a macaroni and cheese. At the end, 90 minutes later, they offered my 3 year old pork cheek tacos. Fail! The child wants Mac and cheese. How hard was that? I ended up taking her to next door, family and all. They were totally indifferent and the senior manager came over to ask about my Mac and cheese problem. At 90 minutes it's your problem. Sad, because the food is very good. Expect terrible service.

1  Thank JosephZdrilich

Reviewed April 24, 2011

The menu on the Internet is not what is in the restaurant. The only steak option is smothered with manchego cheese, dates and nuts among other things. It is also offered at a higher price. The manager refused to honor the Internet menu. I felt tricked because I was considering going to Feast, but decided not to because of what I had read for their menu on their website. I ended up ordering the Pork chop. Is was tough and had no flavor.

I am form Spain and find it offensive this restaurant would consider it's cuisine Spanish.

Do not go by what is on their website. The actual menu is more expensive. Beware.

1  Thank GaFranco
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We were a party of three, seated outside on a pleasant evening, and everything about this restaurant was outstanding. It is obvoius to me that all of the staff care deeply about the patron's expeerience, and ours was fabulous. The pace was perfect, as was the presentation. Everything seemed as fresh as if we were in Barcelona. I recommend the bacon wrapped dates on the Tapas menu, and the wine selection was diverse, balanced, and very reasonably priced. It is a great restaurant, so it is popular. Prepare for crowds, it is part of the experience in all fine dining establishments with which I am familiar. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

The Iberian Pig is a Spanish restaurant on the Decatur Square that specializes in amazing pork-based tapas (although they do regular entrees too). We had amazing charcuterie samples, foie gras, pork-cheek tacos, eggplant fries, asparagus, and more, any any one of them would have been the standout dish at a four-star Atlanta restaurant. The chefs are creative and the execution is stellar. Decent wine list. Service was impeccable on a slammed Saturday night, but the downstairs was crowded and noisy, which I guess you have to expect when everyone else wants to get their pork on.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Arrived Monday evening New Year's Eve week. Full, but our reservation had us seated right on time. Fabulous mix of tapas; fried eggplant, the mix of cheeses (incl. "drunken goat"), and others that carnivores in our party raved about. Ordered red quinoa entree - perfect mix of pea sprouts, puree of acorn squash, red quinoa, asparagus, carrots. One of the top 10 meals I've had this year, from any restaurant. Our party sampled a lot of each others' dishes and all were excellent (I have to take word of others on the meat dishes). There were just a few vegetarian dishes, but all top notch. Those in our party that ordered drinks said they were quite good, and the mango passion fruit ice cream, with white chocolate covering, the "Bomba" dessert, would have earned our dining there on its own. As one whose family owned a fine dining restaurant it was impressive how they managed to get all the foods "just right". Our waiter - from Nuremberg, was outstanding and the manager was attentive, making rounds to all the tables and helping out the wait staff as well. Visited the kitchen and saw that the sous chef was keeping everything well coordinated. We will come back. Will keep our fingers crossed and hope they add a couple more vegetarian/sustainable fish (e.g. tilapia) dishes.