“Best BBQ Around”

Community Q BBQ
Ranked #4 of 385 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visit Atlanta frequently and this is the only restaurant that we are determined to visit each trip! The pulled pork is wonderful but the brisket is "moist-perfect-keep-your-fingers-away-from-my-plate-FANTASTIC". The french fries are done just the way I like them, although if you want fries that are "normal" fries, be sure to ask for unseasoned fries! The seasoning they put on the fries is a bit too spicy for my taste. The sides are generously portioned - usually enough for two (although I will NOT share my "unseasoned" fries). The mac-and-cheese is quite tasty. I have not tried their desserts myself; the banana pudding had a "so-so" review from one family member and a "best-I've-ever-had" review from another. The line can be quite long at typical mealtimes, so we typically go around 2:00 in the afternoon and have a relaxing meal with little to no wait in line.

The staff is VERY friendly and helpful -- always upbeat. The only suggestion I have is to figure out somewhere else to put the drinks; they are self-serve but right where the staff goes in and out of the kitchen area although the staff ALWAYS yields to the customer. The sweet tea is great.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I love good barbecue, and this is the second time our family has taken us to Community Q in Decatur where they live. This place offers the real thing. Our family favors beef, rather than pork. Several of us had brisket sandwiches with sides. The brisket was perfectly smoked, very tender and delicious. Portions were large, and there was a nice variety of sides. Service was prompt and courteous. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I had a great dinner at this place. I got the combo ribs with pulled pork sandwich and it was very good even if the ribs were just good when the pulled pork was excellent. Also the french fries are one of the best I ever have (and I am French so I know what I am talking about). Mac n cheese were great as well and the homemade limonade very good (but a bit too sweet).

People there were also friendly. Do not hesitate to go there, you will not regret it !

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Delicious Food! We sampled a little of everything. OUTSTANDING customer service. When our 5 year old spilled her grandpa's plate of food, the staff quickly and effortlessly cleaned up the mess. And then they brought out a fresh basket of fries on the house.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We made the trip over to Community BBQ last night. It is in a strip mall and like most BBQ places it is very casual. You order at the counter and they bring it out to you.
I ordered the pulled pork plate with mac &cheese and Brunswick stew and my partner in crime ordered the pulled chicken with mac & cheese and the sweet potatoes special. The food came out quickly. Both “plates” came as a sandwich with two sides. I’m not sure if that was a mix up or if that is how they normally do their plates. I’m used to a plate coming with no bread or just one slice. Neither of us really minded enough to ask or make a fuss. It smelled delicious. My pork was tender and juicy and had a nice smoke flavor. The chicken was even better though. It had a great smoke flavor and was very tender as well. There was only one sauce it was a sweet sauce on the table in a bottle. I liked it but It was nothing to go crazy over. I love various sauces so I wish they had more, but the meat was good enough to stand on its own so I would not hold that against them.
As for the sides the mac & cheese was delicious and enjoyed by both of us. I liked the Brunswick stew. It was chunky and meaty, and the sweet potato side was good but we thought the mac and cheese was the stand out of the three we had.
The staff was kind and we had no issue with them. They close at 7pm on Sunday which seems early. Just something to keep in mind if you are planning to go for dinner. I’m looking forward to a trip back.