“Fantastic food and Drinks”

Ranked #6 of 376 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner while we were staying in Atlanta. It's an easy jaunt if you take MARTA.

We were so glad we decided to head out to Decatur, as the food here and overall atmosphere are much more our style. The dishes were both familiar and creative. Like a new twist in an old favorite. I had the pb&j off the late night menu (I wasn't too hungry and knew an entre would be too large) and was pleasantly surprised. It was fantastic. I also tried my first gin and fizz which was also great.

I will absolutely head back here next time I have to be in Atlanta.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Except for a pesky fly everything was great. Timely and attentive service. Lamb burger and hummus were perfect. A little noisy but staff nicely responded to request to turn the music down.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The only thing I didn't like that much was the rickety seating outside. Otherwise, our food was great- I had an open faced brisket sandwich with a very fresh corn side, and an Allagash white. Good beers, from the Brick Store Pub folks, as you would expect.
Would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The outside patio is great and the people watching is fun. The menu here is a little different. I had the mussels that had a great sauce and Holman and finch bread. Yum yum. We also had the flat bread special of the day which was just fair. The lamb burger was sweet but not something I'd order again. The service was very good and friendly.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My quick review of a surprisingly sophisticated (and delicious) dish at Leon's today: The grilled squid salad. Mostly it's tender squid (calamari) with cucumber and onions with a few greens and a light dressing, topped with breaded and fried small squid (think tentacles). Adding to the interest where anchovies (boquerones) and some fire to the dressing, probably cayenne pepper. Squeeze the lemon slice served on the side over it and you're in heaven, or at least in Barcelona. Bravo chef! Let's see more of this kind of sophistication (and fewer burgers) in Decatur.