“Maybe not worth it”

Ranked #6 of 365 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Maybe not worth it”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Among other things, we ordered the Pub Frites and sweet gem lettuce salad. Pub Frites were boring french fries with teeny tiny amounts of dipping sauces. The waitress brought the wrong sauce, and didn't seem to care. Eventually we prevailed upon her to bring us what we ordered. The salad was ridiculously small. None of the other dishes we ordered stood out. I will not return.

• Visited October 2013

“The bartender knows her stuff”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stopped by this trendy place for a drink after walking around the quaint little downtown area of Decatur. The beer section is eclectic and the liquor selection is international. I had a Belgian Flemish Ale - and my wife had an excellent Dark and Stormy. When we saw they had some Peruvian Pisco sour liquor we asked the Bartender for a Pisco Sour. She has her mixology done to science!!! Definitely a place to go for a late night drink or happy hour.

• Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service, Cozy Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I ate at Leon's for the first time with a friend. She had recommended it as a good place to enjoy good food and an opportunity to catch up. I got there early so I could get our name on the list and waited outside for her to arrive. Obviously popular, I was treated to a great time of people-watching. When we were seated, the service was prompt and the servers continued to be attentive throughout our time there. I found them very accommodating and willing to work with us. The food was delicious and tastefully presented. My only suggestion was that they serve their water in larger glasses and that it be chilled before serving. I will return with my husband.

• Visited November 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Get a drink fill-up at Leon's!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

You have to give downtown Decatur credit - they have a number of nice restaurants, pubs and bars, and Leon's is on that list. My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to just chill out after a day with her family, and we decided to come here. There's a lot it has going for it - cool décor, a patio, and the bar opens up to the outside (the old service station bay doors open up to let the air in). They have an extensive beer selection with lots of microbrews, and a drink menu that's very interesting

We both ordered some speak-easy kind of drinks, and though they took time to make, they were excellent. Their special drinks change with the seasons, and their fall drinks were excellent.

Had a great time just hanging out and relaxing with some special drinks in a laid back atmosphere. Check it out.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“The food was outstanding. The service was out standing somewhere else.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were spending the night downtown for an Emory Hospital appointment at 8 am the next day. Knowing that Downtown food was expensive and mediocre, and needing a gluten free option I hit the web and found Leon's Full Service. Its a six or seven mile drive to Decatur but we had the evening free so what the heck. It has good reviews on here and they had a GF menu. Got there, parked and walked in at about 7:20. Its a noisy place and my girlfriend has hearing issues so we sat outside under the heat lamps. It was nice an cozy. Drew, our waiter, brought tap water in a wine bottle. I asked for the gluten free menu and Drew came back with one, flipped it on the table and scooted away. So much for cocktails. But we had plenty of time so when Drew finally got back to us 20 minutes later, we both ordered the Fairs Fair, an extremely well constructed cocktail based on apple brandy, and the chicken entree, priced at a very reasonable $20. Meanwhile tables on both sides of us that came in well after we did were enjoying their cocktails and one of them got their entrees shortly after we ordered ours. Once we got our cocktails they were extremely well done. Small but strong and fully flavored. I highly recommend them. And the Chicken entree as well. They don't have names for their entrees, just "chicken, all natural breast...". It was do die for. Excellent flavor, tender chicken. VERY good meal.

In the end, we asked for the desert menu and looked at our options. None of them appeared to be GF so I passed, the girlfriend did so too out of deference to me so we asked for the check. While milady went to the necessary, I paid the check and while I was waiting for her to return, I overheard the waiter behind me explaining the desert menu and pointing out a desert selection that was gluten free. But, hey, I'm too fat anyway. All I had was $20's so Drew got a full tip. But next time I am going to request a server not named Drew.

1 Thank Steve D