“a regular's dream”
Review of Parker's on Ponce

Parker's on Ponce
Reserve with OpenTable
Parker's on Ponce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 370 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clairmont Road
Transit: On Marta Line
Description: Owned by brothers John-Thomas and Christopher Scott, Parker's on Ponce is Decatur's first independently owned steakhouse. The Scott family has always been extremely involved in the local community, including local government. The restaurant is named after John-Thomas' seven year old daughter, Parker. The whole family is often seen at the restaurant - it is not a business to them, but a home - and they treat guests of the restaurant as family as well.
Avondale Estates
“a regular's dream”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I find ourselves at Parker's about once a week - the service is friendly and relaxed in the bar and white table cloth in the dining room (stay away from the windowless back room and stick with the bar area, the outdoor seating or the beautiful "sunporch" dining room in front to the left).

After years as a Mick's (who remembers Micks?) and one of the first "real restaurants" in downtown Decatur (anyone remember Conversations on the square?), Parkers has settled in as an excellent steak place with a nice wine selection. The only steak I like better than Parkers' is my husbands (I'm not a steak aficionado - maybe once a month? but I know what I like).

Excellent salted crispy sking baked potatoes, one of my favorite Caesar's (not made table side but a good basic) - ask for light dressing or on the side and some tasty apps.

Parkers' has a lot of good specials for customers - 1/2 price bottle wine on Monday?, $5 martinis on Fridays, add in some smooth jazz piano with Noah or a trio featuring Evan, and you've got a nice evening.

But if Johnny Martini is in the house belting out Sinatra, you might want to bring some earplugs. He is definitely belting out the tunes.

We love Parkers - with a special shout out to Renee, the sweetest bartender in town.

Visited October 2013

San Rafael, CA
“Worth skipping your diet”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything was very, very tasty! Grouper, scallops cooked to perfection, jalapeno grits/polenta, spicy thinly sliced onion rings (best either of us had ever had, bar none), grilled asparagus Caesar salad. Very good wine list. Our server was perfect: friendly, attentive but not so often that it was annoying, knew the menu. Late night service. Jazz pianist and bassist were very good. As long as I was not feeling too fat, I'd go back here in a minute next time we're in Atlanta. Place was not packed at 9:30 but still a moderate amount of patronage; you can talk easily over the music when it's half full like that; don't know if that's true when the place is packed. Nice decor. Parking a bit difficult but you can walk there from the Marriott, about a block away.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Steak and Seafood Venue!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Parker's is a great place for a special occasion with the spouse or a great place to entertain visiting family/friends for a nice meal. The ambiance is great with a nice fireplace and someone playing a piano (not elevator music). They always have a chef special and are known for their great steak cuts/selection. A must have is to try the black truffle macaroni and cheese as a side item – awesome. Parker’s also has a great bar area which is pretty classy. Oftentimes my wife and I will go to the bar for a great appetizer and cocktail before we go out on the Decatur Square to meet friends. Parker’s is not at all pretentious and they welcome customers to their bar just like they do the dining room. I highly recommend the experience and especially the food! TIP: ask for a table in the room facing Ponce de Leon. It is very cozy and you then get a view of the Decatur Square and people watching while you eat.

• Visited August 2013
Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location and desserts.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved the location to other shops and bars. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. The food was so so for the price. The people who ate steak said it was good. I had the salmon. I felt like it was frozen with sauce on top. No flavor and no grilling at all. Rolls were so hard you could hardly cut them. Great desserts.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GeorgiaJeeper
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolutely Fabulous!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Took my husband to Parker's for B-day celebration. Wasn't sure what to expect. My husband was greeted twice with happy birthday greetings from staff (booked through Open Table). Mick, our waiter was great, attentive to detail, and ensured our needs were met. The food was excellent. I usually don't eat red meat, but was drawn to a special fillet with blue cheese sauce on a bed of bacon bit mashed potatoes fresh steamed green beans. My husband had the clam chowder and couldn't stop raving about it throughout the night. We are so glad to discover a gem in our back door. Thanks Parker's on Ponce staff helping me cap off my husband's special day.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Parker's on Ponce? Share your experiences!