“A Farmers Market with a world wide taste”

Your Dekalb Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Decatur
Jacksonville, North Carolina
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Farmers Market with a world wide taste”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was blessed to go to this farmers market and could not believe all the nations covered. This market has it all and its fresh. They also have cooked food and baked goods. They had American food, South American food, Eastern Europe food, Asian food, and a great selection of fish and all kid of meats and exotic fruits and vegetables.

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The world in a building”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

If you want to enjoy time in a non-tourist environment, get a glimpse of the diversity of the Atlanta population, see and taste produce from all over the world, find unusual culinary treats to take home and see an Atlanta landmark, visit Your DeKalb Farmers Market. I do most of my regular grocery shopping there and am always amazed by the variety and beauty of the the products available. My husband and I also eat fairly regularly in the market cafeteria. They have both a hot bar and a salad bar with a wide variety of selections to suit both a vegetarian and a non vegetarian diet. They also have a separate dessert, pastry and coffee bar. The atmosphere is not elegant, but provides a great opportunity for people-watching...people living life, not just on vacation. Though, the Market is a fascinating place, inside they ask that you not take photos.

Atlanta, GA
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“So cool (literally and figuratively!)”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place stays at a constant 65 degrees I've heard, so bring a sweater if you plan on staying for any length of time. The array of fruits and vegetables available for sale at this farmer's market has to be seen to be believed. I bring out-of-town guests here just to marvel! The best prices in town for wine, beer, fresh meat, fresh fish, bread, well, everything. The only thing it doesn't have is sundries, so you'll have to go someplace else for laundry detergent and paper products. They have a buffet where they serve their ready-made food which is a super-fresh, super cheap lunch option. I try to shop here during the week because on the weekends it gets too crowded. I don't know what we'd do without YDFM!

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Multicultural Experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I have decided to make some dietary changes recently and cut out a lot of meats, sugars, and salts from our diet. One of the books we are reading has a lot of recipes for vegetarian meals in it and most of them have a lot of spices, many that we have never heard of. So I had heard of the Dekalb Farmers Market and told her I bet we could find the stuff there. So off we went with our 14 year old wanna be chef granddaughter in tow. She was not all that happy about having to go grocery shopping with Nana and Papa, but boy did that change when we walked in this place. As others have said it is a huge warehouse kind of building. It is not like what you imagine a "Farmers Market" to be. There are not individual vendors with tables or booths set up. This is more like a big international super market. And International it is. There are fruits and vegetables of every variety you can think of, nice looking stuff, all over this place. There must have been 14 different varieties of carrots to choose from. Squash I never heard of or saw before. And that spice shelf.... WOW. We certainly found everything we were looking for and more. Lots of organic stuff in every aisle and at reasonable prices too. The breads were incredible, and all made out of organic wheats and flours. Fresh fish, fresh meats of every variety. This is just an incredible place to shop. And you will encounter people from all kinds of ethnicity's there. As a matter of fact English may be in the minority of languages spoken in that place. But it is a great place to shop, a great multicultural experience for the whole family, and worth the trip even if you have to drive a little bit to get there. If you haven't been you should. And you can get a meal to eat while you are there, they do have a cafeteria. We did not eat at it so I can't review it, but if it is like the rest of the place it would be awesome too.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sermn8ter
Greensboro
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome experience !”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Awesome!One word to describe it.You can find everyday food items plus things you have heard about but never have seen or could find, right here in this place!Fresh fruits,vegetables,specialty tea,dry beans,seasonings...etc!We were there first thing in the morning and bought a focaccia bread with tomato and cheese.Unbelievably good.Cheeses,a hot bar for lunch,wines,beers,fresh fish and meats.The milk is delicious.Tastes nothing like the grocery chain milk.We also purchased raisin carrot dairy free muffins.I can honestly say this was the best muffin I have ever had.It is a crowded place but the groceries are worth the crowds.I have 3 kids that I took with me and my husband and it was busy but we got around easy enough.I live about an hour away but I will be making the trip back for more.It is worth the ride!!

Visited February 2014