“Great cafeteria amidst great groceries”

Your Dekalb Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Decatur
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My brother has taken me to the Dekalb Farmers Market several times for lunch which I'm in town to visit. The food is always good and cheap. We have always eaten in, but you can have it as take out too. It's open from 11 am to 8 pm. It's a great way to eat a lot of yummy veggies.
I'm only sorry that I don't live in the area because I would do my grocery shopping there too. I have bought fruit and cheese there as well as jams and jellies as souvenirs for my husband back in Boston.

1  Thank Charva9000
"bakery section"
in 8 reviews
"under one roof"

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been shopping at DeKalb Farmer's Market since it first opened in the 80's. With every expansion, it has become better and included foods from around the world. Fresh seafood, fresh chicken and beef that has never been frozen....grain fed all natural. Everything well displayed and a wine selection to compete with anyone. Sometimes so crowded you have trouble moving through the store because so many people are just staring at all the options.....pick your times and it is great fun!!! Very educational for kids too!

1  Thank meeples12
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved seeing all the foods (foreign an domestic). Take a jacket and hat to stay warm like the staff. Spent several hundred dollars on nicely priced wine and hard to find food.

1  Thank ukemax
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I read all reviews and agree with all comments. A must do activity. Every kind of organic food, baked goods, snacks, fruit and veggies are there. Never seen so many varieties of beer and wine and cheese. Truly from all over the world. Please know it is a warehouse looking building but once you start shopping you will get caught up in the international bazaar atmosphere. Have fun, wear comfy shoes and bring jacket as it is chilly in building.

1  Thank FancyD
See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dekalb Farmers Market is the way to go if you look for great fresh and organic produce, fresh seafood, dairy, meats, poultry, wine and beer, etc. you basically find everything you need in one place.
We go shopping there about once a week, even though we have to drive 30 minutes to the market, it is worth it. I could spend the whole day there.

1  Thank Beautiful85