“Large variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, live seafood, best crab legs”

Your Dekalb Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Decatur
Atlanta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Large variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, live seafood, best crab legs”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Looking for fresh frog legs, they have them here. What I like most is that they have produce from all over the world. I saw fruits I have never seen let alone tasted. This is a must when you visit Atlanta. Bring a cooler to store all the many different meats they sell. This is one of the best markets I have ever been too.

• Korean first
Cumming, Georgia, USA
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“This is an experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am not one to go to a grocery store, but my wife convinced me to go with her to the market to look for organic produce. This place was huge and had so much stuff. There were clerks constantly restocking due to the large volume of people there buying produce - it was crazy! I think they have about anything you would ever imagine from all over the world. It was interesting to walk through and see the different items that were for sale. Many things I have never seen or heard of before. I think they had very good prices on just about everything we saw. We were told about the restaurant and bakery inside so we planned to eat dinner while we were there. This was a mistake as they obviously are NOT known for their cooking!

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First visit to YDFM and fell in love with this place. There is an extensive selection of fresh fruits and veggies from all over the globe There is a bread selection that is over the top and I'm not even a bread eater lol. The spice department is wonderful and so inexpensive. The fish dept is large with tons of fresh fish including fresh grouper which I can't find at home. On my next visit to this part of the country YDFM is a must on my list of places to go and shop.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Cheap Herbs and Any Food You Can Think Of!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I try to get there if I'm in Atlanta. The prices for dried herbs are amazing!! A little plastic container of most herbs (basil, parsley, herbs de provence, lavender, dill, chives, oregano, etc.) will run you less than a dollar. They have aisles and aisles of every kind of fresh produce you can imagine and many you never could imagine. They have breads, meats, fish, seafood, pastries, cheeses, dairy products, beer, wine. The interior is like a huge warehouse, very open. The checkout is very efficient. The prices are reasonable.

Don't go hungry!!! You'll probably buy more than you need.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow! I thought the Yellow /Green Market in Ft Lauderdale, Fl was cool”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just moved up from South Fl. And a neighbor told us about the Market, not really knowing what to expect we took off bright and early Sunday morning. We drove about 15 mins from downtown Atlanta ...... When we got there it was busy but, still. To prepared for what we we would encounter when we walked in....... It was, well. Fantastic! Every fresh, and organic veg or fruit I could and even those I couldn't have imagined!! Spices, sauces,pickles...you name it; it is there! Fresh sea food, not frozen, red meats....pork and fresh baked bread!! Did I mention fresh? Fantastic?,
Love this place....just be ready!