“Excellent food and service!”
Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #23 of 78 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were really hungry and stopped in to get some food! The service was great, the facility is clean (including the restrooms), and the food was excellent!

I ordered a combination meal and my husband ordered something from the "larger meal" section. I don't think that is what it was called, but it wasn't a traditional combo at a Mexican restaurant.

If I am ever in Dawsonville again, I will go here to eat!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We are regulars at this restaurant not only for the atmosphere but for the good down to Mexican food. When you arrive there is little wait time for a seat either at a booth or table.
The menu is packed with items including a bargain listing as well as a side menu for lunch time.
Having been there several times we look forward to going back as you can relax while eating and drinking,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We love El Campesino. Of course we go all the time so they know us.The portions are perfect and the food is always fresh.

We've been in before and wanted something that didn't appear on the menu. After talking it over with the server, it came out just as we pictured. They are great!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

OK...here is the skinny on Tex-Mex in Dawsonville. There is usually at least 1 good Mexican restaurant in almost every town. Unfortunately it is not El Campesino. Take a look at the entrance as you walk in. The sidewalk is covered with old gum. The lack of cleanliness upon entering the front door tells the story. I really don't even need to say anything about the food at this point. When my wife and I entered we commented to each other about all these things but the rating of 90 A made us think that perhaps the food deserved at least a try. Big mistake. Poor quality hamburger and the red sauce on the burrito was a joke. It resembled the sauce of spaghetti-o's from a can of Chef Boyardee just didn't taste as good. Would have to say that the only respectable item was a chicken taco. The chicken was really very tender and flavorful. Not sure how they get by with this iced tea in the south but you will defiantly need something to wash down the food. The service was friendly and fast but could not make up for the poor quality food. After 30+ years in Atlanta, El Torero still can't be beat for all around good Tex-Mex.

2  Thank Travelforward
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were on a shopping trip to the Outlet Mall and did not feel like eating at the Mall Food Court. So we drop to this restaurant. The food is pretty decent. The free chips and salsa was very good. The chips were fresh and hot....We ordered the Mexican Guacamole appetizer and we felt it was very bland. Needed salt and some kick to it. We also ordered a Mango Margarita and that was very good.I had the vegetable fajitas and my wife and a lunch combo of burrito, enchilada and tostada.... We felt that our entrees were very good. Service was prompt...food was hot and fresh and the atmosphere was laid back..and the prices were very reasonable.