“pretentious service with an excuse of too busy when presented with bill”
Review of Blue Bicycle

Blue Bicycle
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a full service 68 seat restaurant in an unpretentious setting. Chef owned and operated since 2005. Eclectic menu leans toward French with a southern accent. Menu is seasonal with local items when we can get them and EVERYTHING is made in-house. We offer a range of selections for both the cautious and adventurous diner. Wine list of about 75 offerings with representations spanning the globe, including a handful of local N.Georgia wines. Full bar, crafting cocktails.
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Went today for monthly girls outing around noon. Server was pretentious and condescending. (Our lunch was actually served by a very nice lady that also refilled our water etc..) The original server came back and we ordered creme brulee for 3 and coffee, server stated that they only had 2 left and could have sold them. (Our bill had "do not make" five times on it.) We shared the two that were left over from last night I guess, never saw the coffee. Left a $23.00 tip rather than the three dollars (I was tempted) with 2 twenties received for change hoping against hope that the nice lady would receive something. Owner was busing tables and seemed unfazed by the large splash of sauce on the floor that had been spilled by the server, (two other ladies pointed it out earlier), everyone had to go over it and around. I won't go back but I doubt if they care.

1  Thank Henry L
kati o, Owner at Blue Bicycle, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hi Henry,
Thanks for dining with us yesterday, I appreciate you scoring our value and food highly and commenting on our cooperative team atmosphere. Crème brulee is the sort of item that must be cooled hours before serving, and typically needs a full day. Mica knew that we were depleting our supplies, and with lunch being so busy she wouldn’t know if they had all been sold before going into the kitchen. I support her decision to let you know that we might not have any left as soon as you ordered them, rather than disappointing you later. Telling the kitchen “do not make” an item means that she finished the desserts for you herself and lets others know that the order is filled. I was the lady on her hands and knees cleaning up the spilled ketchup, so I’m not sure how you would think I was “unfazed”, but no one was climbing over or around me!
Cheers!

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a quick bite and a place to take a little break from shopping the stores and outlet nearby. We were blown away by how awesome our meal was. We got the Monsieur and hamburger with ceaser salad. Everything we put in our mouth was scrumptious. We overheard the hostess taking reservations for that evening. So, I assume it you are planning on eating dinner (we ate lunch and didn't have a long wait) reservations is probably suggested.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

A group of eight for Tuesday, noon for eight. Food was a little slow out of the kitchen, but was excellent! Just to many orders to be detailed.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

we were shopping at the north georgia premium outlets and wanted a nice lunch option so decided to try the blue bicycle. Overall, the atmosphere was nice and the food was good.

we ordered the burger with fries which was well done and had good flavor. we also ordered pimento cheese on bread and salad, which were nice appetizers.

Overall, a nice lunch in a nice place

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Went here with my wife today for lunch. Always saw this place had decent reviews on this site and others. When we try a new place for the first time we like to order a bunch of diff items and do our own sampling.

Started off with the smoked trout on grilled baguette. It was more of a spread on 2 smaller pieces of bread. I had a couple of large chunks of solid bites of sour cream. No trout. Wasn't enough trout, and too much filler. Wasn't for us. Looked nice. It prob needed another piece too.

At this point my drink was completely empty, and our waitress walked by multiple times.

Next came our warm Chevre salad, and a crab cake. The salad had warm goat cheese, on a regular greens salad with bacon and pecans. It was tasty, but they mostly forgot to cut up the lettuce. There were 2 pieces that I held up off my plate that were about 9 inches long. Weird. Then a ball of romaine lettuce in the middle that wasn't cut either, so didn't have any dressing on it. Also odd. The salar had potential, but like the trout, also missed the mark. The crab cake barely had any crab in it, was loaded with corn, and the plate was totally covered in their aioli. Good idea. Poorly executed.

The table next to us was brought a basket of bread from their waitress and were saying how good it was. We didn't get any, nor were we offered any by our waitress.

The waitress asked how everything was so I told her about the lettuce, and how the aioli was too much. She said REALLY, as if in disbelief. Oh, and I finally got a refill because I asked.

Our last sampling was the sandwich of the day. Italian Turkey sandwich with fries. It actually was pretty decent. It took an oddly long time to get this however. The waitress said to be careful the plate was very hot. It was hot, but we thought that was strange since our sandwich was cold. Not sure if the sandwich was supposed to be hot.

Btw, at this point my drink is empty again, but no chance I would be getting a refill.

You know when every word out of someone's mouth seems condescending? That was the waitress. Not just to us, was that way to everyone. Prob shouldn't be working with people. Maybe in the kitchen.

Speaking of the kitchen, my wife went to use the restroom, and came back saying there was some serious yelling going on in the kitchen. Maybe they were getting lots of complaints today.

I think they place was a good idea someone had, but now is maybe run by kids, or people that could care less. Or, maybe we just went on a bad day....we will never know, since we wont be back.

Took forever to get the bill.

2  Thank PeteGa