“Good food, good service, BUT.......”
Review of Blue Bicycle

Blue Bicycle
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a full service 68 seat restaurant in an unpretentious setting. Chef owned and operated since 2005. Eclectic menu leans toward French with a southern accent. Menu is seasonal with local items when we can get them and EVERYTHING is made in-house. We offer a range of selections for both the cautious and adventurous diner. Wine list of about 75 offerings with representations spanning the globe, including a handful of local N.Georgia wines. Full bar, crafting cocktails.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The atmosphere, the food and the service are great BUT the owners need lessons in public relations.

5  Thank Elke92

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The food here is fresh and creative. I love the shrimp and grits.

7  Thank mountainhomegirl
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I found very little on the menu to my taste and did not like what I ordered. I did not feel that the menu accurately described my dish.
Pricey.

2  Thank Grammysan
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Quaint little cafe bistro near the outlet mall. Good food, reasonably priced and good service.

5  Thank bristolpj
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I live in the area and visit the Blue Bicycle often. They have recently expanded the restaurant so it is now larger and has a nice bar. I suggest ring for lunch. The menu has more variety and it is certainly cheaper. Favorites include the blue cheese chips which have a very mild and melty blue cheese on them, the salad with toasted goat cheese, and the sandwich of the day-which usually is very good. They often feature seasonal items like a fresh tomato salad in the summer and it is nice to see seasonal and fresh items. The only reasons I do not give it 5 stars is because the dinner is quite pricey for our area and the service of the owner/hostess is rather cold. It is often like she is doing you a favor to let you sit down and although it does not detract from the food, has become a bit of a joke in my circle of friends. (never show up for dinner without a reservation. Even if the restaurant is deserted you will get a disapproving scowl). I would also expect a restaurant like this to be open at least for Sunday brunch/lunch and it is not. No brunch is offered in our area and it would be nice to have a place to go as that is often when I meet up with friends as Saturdays are so busy.

The location is very close to the Dawsonville Outlet mall (it is on the road that runs behind the outlet mall and you could even park near the back near Nike and walk over) and is a wonderful alternative to the fast food options in the area. Lunch is probably $8-$10 a person and it is much better in food and atmosphere to Ruby Tuesdays or the other local alternatives.