“Worst service EVER!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Our fellow diners on a Friday night were ready to stage a revolt because the service at Osaka was so terrible. Finally got the cocktails AFTER the entrees were served. Food was cold. We asked to speak to management which resulted in 4 different individuals coming to our table and NONE could (or would) speak English. What a joke! We paid over $80 for a disasterous meal for two that was partially inedible and management could have cared less!

We had tried Osaka before and the service was not good, but dinner choices in Dawsonville are limited, so we gave it another try. Food was above average on first visit. We will NEVER return to this place. One bright spot from the Friday night from hell, we learned of a good little Asian restaurant about 8 miles away named RICE--located east of GA 400 about 1 mile at Exit 17 (Publix shopping center). No Hibachi tables, at RICE which seem to be a hit at Osaka, but service is wonderful and the sushi is deicious. Best restaurants in Dawsonville are the Blue Bicycle or good 'ole Longhorns.

1  Thank Jillngad

Reviewed June 16, 2008

We went for Father's Day last evening and everything went well. We had reservations for 5:30pm but needed to wait for the rest of our group and they seated us at the bar and we ordered a drink while we waited and looked over the extensive drinks and food options. We were seated within about 10mins. at our table and waited on immediately and served our FRESH sushi appitizers very quickly which were awesome! We ordered and the chefs presentation was very good and entertaining as well. Plenty of food plus some to take home if you wish. We will be back soon and give it an A + for EVERYTHING! Great additition to Dawsonville dining!

Reviewed May 12, 2008

My husband and I are frequent diners at Osaka! The sushi is always super fresh and delicious! We have always had great meals, great service and are huge fans! As transplants to the area from NYC we really missed having access to great sushi. Osaka is every bit as good as our old sushi stops in the city! I recommend Osaka 100% and think you should try the Hollywood Roll - its my favorite!

So glad you guys are in Dawsonville!!

Reviewed April 30, 2008

I get take-out from Osaka ALL THE TIME. Its almost the same price as the crap at kroger, but five times better. Its ready very quickly, and although I really don't know too much about thier service other than the friendly wait staff I see every week, it seems like a pretty swanky place to eat. On the small side, but if you want to eat asian food in, or around Dawsonville, it is DEFINITELY the only place that is worthwhile. Although I hear that Chin Chin is good.

Reviewed February 25, 2008

I just love all the aspects of the japanese steak house, the mushroom soup, the ginger salad, the sushi, the tea service, the hibachi entrees, and have never had a bad experience until Osaka.

I had a reservation, which isn't really a requirement in this establishment, and was first seated in the middle of two presentation tables. There really wasn't any elbow room at all and from the seats presented, we were unable to see the hibachi presentation, which is part of the experience, so we asked to move.

I was treated very rudely when I asked, then was placed at another table, where menus were flug on the table. After my ordering and having a drink and some sushi, already having the soup and salad, which you could tell had been prepared ahead of time, awaiting the chef. I left to go to the powder room. Upon my return, there was actually someone seated in my chair. After the discovery they actually squeezed in a chair and another place seating. The new customers where actully seated at our hibachi grill and sat through our presentation, unable to even see their own. As soon as the chef was finished with the food prep and cleaning, the wait staff passed out bills and to go boxes. No desert was offered, no tea service, no after dinner coffee or conversation. They move you in and move you out and be damn at your personal comfort level.

I will not be going back to Osaka.

1  Thank MajicMitch